Windows 10: Cortana constantly popping up

Discus and support Cortana constantly popping up in Cortana to solve the problem; I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by denno47, Jul 3, 2019.

1. denno47 Win User

Cortana constantly popping up

I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off.
    I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously this is no way to work on a computer.

I try to follow the instructions anyway, but I don't see the same screens with the same buttons etc. as in the instructions. Maybe written some time ago with a different version?

Anyway, is there some simple fix for this popular problem?

While I'm at this, Win 10 is rife with annoyances. Is there somewhere where it is meaningful to proffer feedbback to Microsoft, with any hope that "Windows 11" will fix these, or not put them in in the first place? (You know the other biggie is like-it-or-not updates including surprise reboots.)

Thanks

denno47

:)

denno47, Jul 3, 2019
  2. DebS61_03 Win User

Cortana constantly pops up

How do I stop Cortana from constantly popping up when I am typing?

DebS61_03, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Help to stop windows 10 search box constantly popping up

Try here:

Cortana constantly popping up [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Cortana pop on the hole screen

Appreciate the response. For the meantime, if Cortana is causing any inconvenience with you or your system, we suggest reverting back to the old 1607 update. Just follow the steps below:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.
    This will put your system back to the old Windows build. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Josef Bri, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana constantly popping up - Similar Threads - Cortana constantly popping

2. Cortana pop ups/selfy

in Cortana
    Cortana pop ups/selfy: Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block the screen... That is creepy, I would like Cortana to stop everything unless I ask for it? Was this a programmer joke.? WTH...
  3. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...
  4. Family Features Popping up Constantly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Features Popping up Constantly: Hello, I'm currently running Windows 10, and I have a rather persistent problem. [ATTACH] Every thirty minutes to an hour, this popup will open on my PC. I can close it, and I can click Sign in, but closing it just makes it open later. Clicking Sign in leads to a...
  5. Constant pop-ups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant pop-ups on Windows 10: I keep getting pop-ups on my lower right corner. I use Adblock, Defender and get constant updates but nothing stops these from happening. Does this happen to anyone else out there? Help me!!!...
  6. Stop Cortana From Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Cortana From Popping Up: Cortana continually pops up when I'm using the track pad on my Lenovo Ideapad. I usually use one finger to move the cursor and a second finger to click the left button. When I click Cortana pops up and the click does not execute. Then I have to click away to get Cortana to go...
  7. Edge Browser is Popping Up on Me Constantly

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser is Popping Up on Me Constantly: I have Windows 10 and everything is running ok. Then, yesterday, I ran Windows Update and Update installed THREE updates.... KB3881449, KB3881488, KB3081452 It seems to be a NEW and BAD HABIT of Microsoft NOT to give us any details on what these updates do to our...
  8. Stop Cortana from popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Cortana from popping up: Cortana constantly pops up without being prompted. Even when I just want to click on an app in the taskbar to bring it into focus. My habit of browsing is to use one finger to move the mouse on the touchpad and one finger resting on the left click button. I've gone into my...
  9. Program window constantly popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program window constantly popping up: After upgrading to 10 there is a program window that opens for about one second then closes every 45 seconds on top of whatever I am doing 18331
  10. Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/SeachUi.exe Keeps popping up: I did my fourth install of windows 10 on a machine but this time I am getting a strange issue. Everytime Windows boots a box labeled "Cortana" pops up and whenever I close it it just comes back. I searched further and this window is "searchui.exe" but the kicker is not only...