Windows 10: Cortana Crash

Discus and support Cortana Crash in Cortana to solve the problem; I downloaded all the updates and after installing them, cortana is always crashing whenever I speak a command. I have tried turning cortana on and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ShuvamAich, May 5, 2019.

1. Cortana Crash

I downloaded all the updates and after installing them, cortana is always crashing whenever I speak a command.

I have tried turning cortana on and off. I have also tried troubleshooting.

:)

ShuvamAich, May 5, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 5, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 5, 2019
  4. Cortana Crash

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Crash

1. Cortana Crash - Similar Threads - Cortana Crash

2. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

in Cortana
    Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.: I've had this problem for about 2 years now, live with it, but now I'm in the mood to try fixing it again.I previously attempted to fix it through this thread before giving...
  3. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.: I've had this problem for about 2 years now, live with it, but now I'm in the mood to try fixing it again.I previously attempted to fix it through this thread before giving...
  4. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Settings Crashes upon startup, Cortana/Search bar will not respond when clicking on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings Crashes upon startup, Cortana/Search bar will not respond when clicking on...: Yesterday I noticed my computer would keep waking itself up from sleep mode without me touching it, I kept putting it back to sleep only for it to awaken again. So I shut off completely. Went to work and came back, turned on the PC and it said I had finished installing an...
  6. Cortana Setup "Frozen" and crashing for days

in Cortana
    Cortana Setup "Frozen" and crashing for days: So in December, I was finally told the truth by Microsoft, that in fact their Cortana set up servers had crashed and people were unable to reconnect their Cortana devices that were disconnected when the servers crashed. In my case, its the Harman Kardon Invoke speaker....
  7. Cortana crashing my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana crashing my computer: I opened cortana by accident and it crashed my computer and I don’t know what to do because it is not starting. (Picture in the comments) submitted by /u/Blitzwing33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9x3j4/cortana_crashing_my_computer/
  8. Windows Search & Cortana are not working/crashing immediately

in Cortana
    Windows Search & Cortana are not working/crashing immediately: Hello, I've had this issue for a few weeks now. The first sympthom was my inability to type anything in start menu, which is how I usually run my programs. Next I noticed I can't search in the file explorer. Trying to type in the search bar causes it to flicker, no text...
  9. Cortana freezes and crashes when opened. Search menu won't close after selecting an app or...

in Cortana
    Cortana freezes and crashes when opened. Search menu won't close after selecting an app or...: CORTANA ISSUE Cortana when opened will work for a few seconds and then freezes and closes itself. In the task manager, Cortana will be in a suspended state and then wakes up once clicked but will return to its suspended state once it closes. I have tried many methods to...
  10. Cortana Search Bar Crashing

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashing: Hey all, Today i've had an issue come up to where my Search Bar just randomly glitches out. Basically whenever I click on it, the search bar comes up blank, and crashes about 2 - 5 seconds later. Sometimes a string of text randomly appears saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana search bar keeps crashing

2. cortana crashes windows 10