Windows 10: Cortana Device set up

Discus and support Cortana Device set up in Cortana to solve the problem; HI I am trying to set up my invoke speaker and after singing in to my account to let invoke connect to my microsoft account i getting error message I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JamesYip1, Nov 7, 2020.

1. JamesYip1 Win User

Cortana Device set up

HI I am trying to set up my invoke speaker and after singing in to my account to let invoke connect to my microsoft account i getting error message I am having trouble connecting to this service

:)

JamesYip1, Nov 7, 2020

2. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Cortana Device set up

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Device set up

1. Cortana Device set up - Similar Threads - Cortana Device set

2. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings: My laptop is 2 years old, but recently cortana keeps popping up.I can't stop it.If I click on the 3 dots on cortana looking for settings, the only choices are 'sign in', 'keyboard shortcut', 'feedback' and 'about', but not settings.If I go into windows settings, there is no...
  3. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings: My laptop is 2 years old, but recently cortana keeps popping up.I can't stop it.If I click on the 3 dots on cortana looking for settings, the only choices are 'sign in', 'keyboard shortcut', 'feedback' and 'about', but not settings.If I go into windows settings, there is no...
  4. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Cortana
  5. problem with setting up cortana

in Cortana
    problem with setting up cortana: I am from India . when i tried to activate cortana on my laptop it asked me to sign in with a microsoft account before it could help me . But when i chose an account and clicked on sign in a black window pops out and does not responds and closes automatically after a few...
  6. help with setting up cortana

in Cortana
    help with setting up cortana: need some help with set up. seems im missing something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-setting-up-cortana/6037bc19-fb94-440d-8632-21dd3c3363e1
  7. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  8. Setting up bi-weekly reminder in cortana

in Cortana
    Setting up bi-weekly reminder in cortana: I am new to the community and was trying to find a way of doing bi-weekly reminders for cortana. There is a way: enter the reminder as once and them edit it within the calendar and change it to repeat with a frequency of 2 weeks!...
  9. Problem setting up Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem setting up Cortana: Hey, So I thought I'd give Cortana a try since I can turn it off again if I don't want it, however I get to the point where it makes me login, I enter my email address and password and then it takes me to the next step where it tells me something like you need to enter your...
  10. Cortana to open up to new devices and developers

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana to open up to new devices and developers: We believe that everyone deserves a personal assistant. One to help you cope as you battle to stay on top of everything, from work to your home life. Calendars, communications and commitments. An assistant that is available everywhere you need it, working in concert with the...