Windows 10: Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

Discus and support Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose. in Cortana to solve the problem; Why is the cortana pop-up when i try to use voice dictation so huge? People with disabilities have rights, too, and this pop-up makes Cortana almost... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RachelGurney, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

Why is the cortana pop-up when i try to use voice dictation so huge? People with disabilities have rights, too, and this pop-up makes Cortana almost useless for voice dictation. It serves no useful purpose, other than showing me the mic is listening, and yet it is covering up big chunks of real estate that I need to be able to see. Moving it around manually on a constant basis is simply damaging to my disabled hands, so that is not an appropirate response for what is actually an accessibility function. The other person who questioned this got no answer at all except some unhelpful instruction

:)

RachelGurney, Jan 27, 2023
  2. RobGarn Win User

Cortana Dictation Popup too big

When I hit <Window Key> H, it brings up a box with a microphone icon allowing me to dictate text with Cortana but that box is way too big and obstructs too much of my screen. It is over 6 inches long and all I really need is a small microphone icon. How
    can I make that popup box much smaller?

RobGarn, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

Dictate text using Speech Recognition - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jan 27, 2023
  4. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

How to block popups on IE

Hello,

Kindly try the steps below and check if this helps in blocking popups on Internet Explorer.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Tools from top right corner.
    • Select Internet Options and click on Privacy tab.
    • At the bottom of the Privacy tab, you should have a Pop-up Blocker
      section. If you want pop-ups to be blocked, check the "Block pop-ups" option.
    Write to us if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

1. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose. - Similar Threads - Cortana Dictation Popup

2. CORTANA PopUp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CORTANA PopUp: How to Turn off Cortana Popup in Windows 11It becomes a nuisance at the start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-popup/e1e6c4df-7ebc-4869-b0c4-a41abfbce22f
  3. CORTANA PopUp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CORTANA PopUp: How to Turn off Cortana Popup in Windows 11It becomes a nuisance at the start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-popup/e1e6c4df-7ebc-4869-b0c4-a41abfbce22f
  4. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.: Why is the cortana pop-up when i try to use voice dictation so huge? People with disabilities have rights, too, and this pop-up makes Cortana almost useless for voice dictation. It serves no useful purpose, other than showing me the mic is listening, and yet it is covering up...
  5. Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Dictation Popup 6 - 8 inches long, blocks important info, and serves no useful purpose.: Why is the cortana pop-up when i try to use voice dictation so huge? People with disabilities have rights, too, and this pop-up makes Cortana almost useless for voice dictation. It serves no useful purpose, other than showing me the mic is listening, and yet it is covering up...
  6. when using dictation will only work with Cortana

in Cortana
    when using dictation will only work with Cortana: window h , now stop working sometime in Oct , the bar comes up and says to use dictation, select a text field it will work with Cortana nothing else I have tried everything I believe this was cause by a update ....
  7. Cortana Dictation Popup too big

in Cortana
    Cortana Dictation Popup too big: When I hit <Window Key> H, it brings up a box with a microphone icon allowing me to dictate text with Cortana but that box is way too big and obstructs too much of my screen. It is over 6 inches long and all I really need is a small microphone icon. How can I make that popup...
  8. Cortana popups

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana popups: I see Cortana has been bashed since 2015, but nowhere do I see a solution, or an offer of a solution. What gives? I cannot express how much I hate Cortana, all options are turned off but it still intrudes, locking me out of what I was doing. I have to shut down the...
  9. Why do the dictation and cortana programs block "offensive" words?

in Cortana
    Why do the dictation and cortana programs block "offensive" words?: I think it's ridiculous that there's no option to include/display "offensive" words - this is my product that I paid good money for, and I don't want to be censored by my own computer. Please provide a fix or update to address this. thanks...
  10. dictation popup

in Cortana
    dictation popup: I just a new 2 n 1 laptp tablet. I love it except that randomly the speech dictation will popup over and over and ive been trying to turn it off. I have tried a lot and its still coming up. how do I turn it off?...