Windows 10: Cortana didnt work in my Windows 10, version 1803

Discus and support Cortana didnt work in my Windows 10, version 1803 in Cortana to solve the problem; I want to use Cortana in my laptop but when I turn on the "Hey Cortana" button still not working. Can somebody help me to fix this problem? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Rhodz_27, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Rhodz_27 Win User

Cortana didnt work in my Windows 10, version 1803

I want to use Cortana in my laptop but when I turn on the "Hey Cortana" button still not working. Can somebody help me to fix this problem? Thanks.

:)

Rhodz_27, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    2. Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana didnt work in my Windows 10, version 1803 - Similar Threads - Cortana didnt version

2. Cortana is not working Windows 10 1607 version

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working Windows 10 1607 version: Hello,My Cortana is not working, when i type something like " google " cortana doesn't search anything like a white boxso yeah can anyone help me ?...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1803: Where do I find a Windows 10 version (iso format) to be used to format our machines here at Gospel rescue mission. We have not moved to 1903 yet and need to stay at 1803. Thanks Jim Riley...
  4. Windows 10 1803: Cortana not working and unable to type in the start menu

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1803: Cortana not working and unable to type in the start menu: I am running Windows 10 version 1803 on a Surface Pro 4. Suddenly, Cortana stopped working and I am unable to type via the start menu. I tried re-registering cortana via powershell, rebuilding the index file, checking if Cortana runs under another users profile, and made sure...
  5. Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 1803: I have a computer with a 32GB solid state drive (SSD). The update version 1803 was downloaded to a flash dive. In order to install Windows 10 version 1803 an additional 5GB of disk space is needed. There is only about 4 GB available. I could delete programs and adjust the...
  6. Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 version 1803: Why did Microsoft decide to remove the homegroup from Windows 10 version 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-version-1803/af9221f1-70b7-4f4c-94ee-1eb791f1c2a2
  7. Windows 10 version 1803

Windows 10 version 1803: I have been trying without success to upgrade an ASUS M11AA desktop from 1709 to 1803 without success, usual blue/black screens and freezing. Current OS is version 1709 build : 16299.611. Frustration lead me to ASUS help services who advise this model does not support...
  8. Windows 10 Version 1803

Windows 10 Version 1803: I recently had to do a factory restore. When all was up and running and updates were performed, all updates were successful except Version 1803. A couple of sites say that my Microsoft browser needs to be updated and the only update that I can not seem to install is Version...
  9. Windows 10, version 1803

Windows 10, version 1803: This update will not download. I have tried linking computer to ultra-fast broadband connection but still it fails to download. It stops all other downloads. Any ideas on a fix?...
  10. Windows 10 1803 Cortana popup issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1803 Cortana popup issue: Since the new Windows 10 1803 feature update the Cortana popup has disappeared. This is what I used to get before the update. [img] Now I only get an audio notification and this. [img] Is there any way to get the large pop up back? 111106