Windows 10: Cortana - Disable Windows+S key shortcut

Discus and support Cortana - Disable Windows+S key shortcut in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I've searched high and low for a way to disable (or change) the Windows key + S Cortana hotkey. I have a function that I use this particular... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sellonis, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Sellonis Win User

Cortana - Disable Windows+S key shortcut

Hello,

I've searched high and low for a way to disable (or change) the Windows key + S Cortana hotkey. I have a function that I use this particular key combination on another PC and it would be nice to be able to use it on Windows 10.

I don't care how it's done, registry edit, whatever it takes to change it / make it go away. I do not use Cortana and will never use Cortana.

:)

Sellonis, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Disable/Change Cortana Shortcut??

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

Refer the link below suggested by Andre Da Costa on January 26, 2015
    and follow the steps below to disable Cortana.

How to disable Cortana on the Windows 10 Taskbar

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 6, 2019
  4. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana - Disable Windows+S key shortcut - Similar Threads - Cortana Disable Windows+S

2. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Cortana
    Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut: I am trying to re-map a "mic" key on my keyboard that used to be used to pull up Cortana. When I try and do so it says that the key that is being pressed is "Windows+C". I am unable to disable the shortcut in Cortana because it says that it has depreciated. How can I disable...
  3. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut: I am trying to re-map a "mic" key on my keyboard that used to be used to pull up Cortana. When I try and do so it says that the key that is being pressed is "Windows+C". I am unable to disable the shortcut in Cortana because it says that it has depreciated. How can I disable...
  4. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable Cortana Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Cortana Shortcut: Hi allPlease Help!!!! Whenever I press the "CTRL" key on the left side of my keyboard, it opens Cortana. It's not available in my region and is driving me bananas as I use that key all the time. Does anyone know how I disable this? I have disable Cortana, both through...
  6. Disable Cortana Shortcut

Disable Cortana Shortcut: Hi allPlease Help!!!! Whenever I press the "CTRL" key on the left side of my keyboard, it opens Cortana. It's not available in my region and is driving me bananas as I use that key all the time. Does anyone know how I disable this? I have disable Cortana, both through...
  7. Disable windows 11 shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable windows 11 shortcut keys: I Am trying to find out how to disable my "ALT + ESC" Shortcut, its cause so much probelms for me while gaming and more and cannot find a way to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-windows-11-shortcut-keys/b4551b47-a356-400f-ab50-9700f106edb1
  8. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  9. Disabling shortcut keys

Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  10. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. widnwos disable s