Windows 10: Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.

Discus and support Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have disabled all cortana features in settings and O&O shutup 10, but the cortana processes is still establishing connections.How do I proceed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ante85, May 19, 2021.

1. Ante85 Win User

Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.

Hi, I have disabled all cortana features in settings and O&O shutup 10, but the cortana processes is still establishing connections.How do I proceed to fully uninstall it?If I need an assistant, I will hire one.

:)

Ante85, May 19, 2021

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 19, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Cortana Won't Connect

Hi,

To better assist you, what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried
    resetting and re-configuring
    your
    TCP/IP Settings? If not, we suggest that you do so. Kindly perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and check if Cortana can connect to the internet after performing these methods:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2:
    Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 19, 2021
  4. Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.

Cortana will not connect to the internet.

I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone tell me why Cortana will not connect to the internet. My default Browser is Google Chrome. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance,

Jay

JayTaunton, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.

1. Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet. - Similar Threads - Cortana disabled cortana

2. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: Unless Microsoft can provide the kind of user interface that enables folks to STOP Cortana and STOP updating Defaults, it will be the last time I purchase a system with Windows; I will move to the superior OSes of some version of Linux. You folks should be ashamed and you...
  3. Disable Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana. I have unchecked everything in settings but the darn thing carries on to interrupt! Win 10 Home version 1903. Simple and detailed instructions please. 161565
  4. cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    cortana can't connect to the internet: Hi, My Cortana can't connect to the internet, it says "I can't connect at the moment , try again in a little bit" My WiFi connection works just fine, my laptop is up to date, my search bar works too, and I tried using a local account, but still don't work. this is...
  5. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how can I disable cortana completely when I play a game it pops up in task manager and takes a little cpu and it hangs my game a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/d7fd4128-6c0d-438c-a556-34ca7b7c38ed
  6. Cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    Cortana can't connect to the internet: if i try to talk to Cortana, it says that it can't connect to the internet...I think the problem occurred because i tried to change Cortana's speech recognition language but now i don't know how to fix that...I've tried reinstalling the English(US) Speech Recognition pack...
  7. Disable Cortana using gpedit but process still running after reboot.

Disable Cortana using gpedit but process still running after reboot.: I expected gpedit setting to kill the process, but it hasn't. Is this usual? Any other ways to stop it? 84610
  8. Disable Cortana??

Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467
  9. Cortana will not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cortana will not connect to the internet.: I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone tell me why Cortana will not connect to the internet. My default Browser is Google Chrome. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Why is the disabled Cortana still running ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the disabled Cortana still running ?: Hi there I have disabled Cortana but it still runs in the background. [img] Anyone know why ? and can it be disabled completely ? zoo 24943