Windows 10: Cortana disappears before I can ask a question

Discus and support Cortana disappears before I can ask a question in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana pops up but disappears before I can ask a question. Can I lock it onto my screen?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by grandmagwen, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Cortana disappears before I can ask a question

Cortana pops up but disappears before I can ask a question. Can I lock it onto my screen?

:)

grandmagwen, Jan 4, 2020

2. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums ChemicalRage Cortana disappears before I can ask a question :)

Does a new user account fix the problem? We can then identify if it's just the account or the whole computer feature of Cortana.

ellellell1, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Cortana disappears before I can ask a question

Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Cortana disappears before I can ask a question

1. Cortana disappears before I can ask a question - Similar Threads - Cortana disappears before

2. How can I find past questions I asked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I find past questions I asked?: Sometimes my email links to past questions asked and answered get misplaced. Is it possible to go to a list of things I have asked about in the past with Links to get me to the details?...
  3. How can I find past questions I asked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find past questions I asked?: Sometimes my email links to past questions asked and answered get misplaced. Is it possible to go to a list of things I have asked about in the past with Links to get me to the details?...
  4. How can I find past questions I asked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I review the questions asked in the past?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I review the questions asked in the past?: sometimes I have asked a question and the community responded with answers. Now, years later I'd like to see the questions I and others have asked. Is there any way to review questions asked by myself and others so the same questions don't need to be asked again?...
  6. when I open search, the menu disappears before I can write a search question. Or If, it...

in Cortana
    when I open search, the menu disappears before I can write a search question. Or If, it...: I an using the Insider evaluation builds. The last, one 20180 when first installed did not have this problem. Then after a while, for no apparent reason when I went to open search the menu disappeared before i could use it. Often, the search button did not even open the menu...
  7. Cortana shuts off before I can get my question out.

in Cortana
    Cortana shuts off before I can get my question out.: So when I say hey Cortana she comes up but immediately shuts down before I can even ask a question. I'm not sure what to try to get her back to answering my questions....
  8. i wanna ask some questions before fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i wanna ask some questions before fresh windows install: so i wanna completely reinstall windows from scratch i have a windows 10 pro oem key that should work fine right? my current version of windows is a windows 10 enterprise N version but its not official one and i wanna get rid of it, and it wont let me change my windows...
  9. Cortana disappeared

in Cortana
    Cortana disappeared: Cortana Suddenly stopped showing up anywhere. Its not visible in the search bar or in the settings page I have reset the app once, and tried to register and install it once more through Windows Powershell through this code: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers...
  10. How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text?

in Cortana
    How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text?: The official Microsoft pages I've found say Cortana will only respond by talking if spoken to via microphone. I'd like to make it so she talks no matter how a question is asked. It seems this should be an option, if only for accessibility. Is there a registry key I could...