Windows 10: Cortana - does it need Mail app or can it use Outlook

Discus and support Cortana - does it need Mail app or can it use Outlook in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there For those who have got some form of Cortana to work --does it require the Mail app (metro) or can it work with OUTLOOK. If it works with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Jan 25, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Cortana - does it need Mail app or can it use Outlook

Hi there

For those who have got some form of Cortana to work --does it require the Mail app (metro) or can it work with OUTLOOK. If it works with outlook do you need at least outlook 2013 or will it also work with outlook 2010>

Anybody also willing to add a tutorial into the tutorial section on how to get this to work properly. People seem to be having all sorts of varying degrees of success (or failure) with this,

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 25, 2015
  2. anfisher Win User

Windows 10 - Cortana: WIll Cortana Work in Office 2013?

If you set up our account using the default mail and calendar app on Windows 10, you can use Cortana. You can still use Outlook on a daily basis as long as you logged into the default mail and calendar app once.

There is a plan to integrate Outlook directly with Cortana in the future.

anfisher, Jan 25, 2015
  3. Ma.Reng Win User
    iOS Cortana Office 365 integration

Dear All,

I have the Cortana App installed on my iPhone. As mail and calendar client I us the Outlook app and not the standard iOS apps.

My Cortana account is connected with my private Outlook as well as my 365 company account.

Unfortunately Cortana does not check both accounts for calendar entries. Is there a "hidden" setting or works the day forecast only with the iOS standard apps? Any ideas from your side are appreciated.

Thank you and best regards

Marcus.

Ma.Reng, Jan 25, 2015
Thema:

Cortana - does it need Mail app or can it use Outlook

1. Cortana - does it need Mail app or can it use Outlook - Similar Threads - Cortana does need

2. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  3. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  4. Outlook Cortana

in Cortana
    Outlook Cortana: Hello I was using Microsoft Outlook and needed to ask Cortana question and got a popup that ask me to sign into Cortana and "For best experience use Work or School account" Questions: 1. Why do I have to sign into Cortana when I never had to do it before. 2. This is a...
  5. can,use cortana

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can,use cortana: i need to yuse my proxkey digital signature usb key , but when diagnose it ,It shows that "failed to repair CCID driver . Please run diagnostic tool with aministative privilages and try again. please help me out of this...
  6. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  7. How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail: Please Please tell me how I can stop Windows 10 email from popping up when I click on an email address. I am running Outlook 365, I do all my mail in Outlook 365 why in the world is Windows 10 popping up. I remove the email account that was listed but it is still opening. I...
  8. Outlook Mail app corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail app corrupted?: My Outlook Mail has not downloaded any mails for over 30 days. A notification repeatedly says its settings need updating (password?) and to click Fix. Fix does not work. I have checked all I can, including the password which is correct and works. Fortunately I can keep track...
  9. Mail app does not access Outlook servers

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not access Outlook servers: or so it appears. Creating a new account choosing the outlook option, either with my signed in MS system account, or the generic outlook choice returns error 0x80070525. I can, however, access gmail and yahoo sign ins. 13793
  10. Cortana & Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cortana & Outlook: Cortana seems to be little more than program that converts voice to text and turns that text over to a Google search engine. Has anyone gotten it to do more than that? I'd like it to enter the text into an e-mail. That might be very useful to those that type with two fingers....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana only opens outlook mail on windows 10

2. which app cortana uses for outlookemail ?