Windows 10: Cortana does not open any apps when asked, merely gives definition or a Bing search on how...

Discus and support Cortana does not open any apps when asked, merely gives definition or a Bing search on how... in Cortana to solve the problem; why does cortana not launch apps like edge, word etc when I ask it to? It merely gives me a list of ways to do it from the Bing web search It used to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AACMAT, Oct 14, 2020.

1. AACMAT Win User

Cortana does not open any apps when asked, merely gives definition or a Bing search on how...

why does cortana not launch apps like edge, word etc when I ask it to? It merely gives me a list of ways to do it from the Bing web search

It used to work, a while ago, but now it's hopeless.

Please let me know

Thanks

:)

AACMAT, Oct 14, 2020
  2. yass Win User

What is the difference between cortana and search?

Cortana is your digital agent. She'll help you get things done.

One of the major changes to Windows 10 is the presence of Microsoft’s voice assistant, Cortana. Along with voice searches, you will be given “suggestions” that the voice assistant makes. This includes reminders for scheduled events in your calendar, ideas when you are searching the Web for something, alternatives when you are quizzing Cortana for information, and more.
    Here are some things Cortana can do for you:

• Give you reminders based on time, places, or people.
    • Track packages, teams, interests, and flights.
    • Send emails and texts.
    • Manage your calendar and keep you up to date.
    • Create and manage lists.
    • Chit chat and play games.
    • Find facts, files, places, and info.
    • Open any app on your system.

What is Cortana

Windows 10 Forum

3. Cortana ony gives bing search

I am currently using windows 10 pro. Whenever I type something Cortana only gives bing searches. For example, when I type "who are you" the answer is just a bing search. Please help

Soham Bhardwaj, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Cortana does not open any apps when asked, merely gives definition or a Bing search on how...

cortana opens bing

when i say hey cortana open ........ it opens this sentence in bing search box whaats the problem kindly give information

farhan abbas 115, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Cortana does not open any apps when asked, merely gives definition or a Bing search on how...

1. Cortana does not open any apps when asked, merely gives definition or a Bing search on how... - Similar Threads - Cortana does open

2. Whenever I open Bing and search for something it gives me an error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open Bing and search for something it gives me an error: So when I open Bing and search an error message comes up about my connection. My connection is PERFECTLY fine or I’m pretty sure it is. I recently downloaded AMD adrenaline that may be the cause I didn’t download google Firefox is giving me another error message and opera...
  3. Cortana won't open any apps.

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open any apps.: I have an issue where Cortana won't do pretty much anything I say. All she does is just do bing searches, she cannot even set reminders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-any-apps/f46b8441-d8b4-4de2-aa1b-a1c3e019da6f
  4. Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.: I am on Windows 10. Cortana now either gives me Bing results or says "Sorry, I'm not able to help with that" whenever I ask it do anything. If I say "Open Word" it simply gives a list of things to do to open word. If I say "Set a timer for 3 minutes" or "remind me to phone...
  5. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  6. Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead

Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead: As the title says, Cortana can not open programs anymore. If I ask her to open anything, for example: "open Spotify", it just gives me web search results for Spotify. I tried different commands: open, launch, start... nothing works. I tried it with many different programs,...
  7. Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead: As the title says, Cortana can not open programs anymore. If I ask her to open anything, for example: "open Spotify", it just gives me web search results for Spotify. I tried different commands: open, launch, start... nothing works. I tried it with many different programs,...
  8. When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...

in Cortana
    When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...: Whenever I ask Cortana to play any song or specific song by an artist on Spotify, then it just opens the Spotify app but doesn't play the music. Then nothing happens in the app and I have to do it manually. I am facing this from a few days. It was alright before. Can anything...
  9. Cortana gives the wrong location when asking for the weather.

in Cortana
    Cortana gives the wrong location when asking for the weather.: When I ask cortana to give me the weather she gives me the wrong location when the weather app is set to my location. I wonder if this a bug or something that can be fixed?...
  10. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...