Windows 10: Cortana doesn't know my name

Discus and support Cortana doesn't know my name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just recently did a factory reset and signed back in to my surface. Cortana did her usual thing asking if I wanted to set her up, did so but ignored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leadweightdeadweight, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Cortana doesn't know my name

I just recently did a factory reset and signed back in to my surface. Cortana did her usual thing asking if I wanted to set her up, did so but ignored twice the option to change what she called me... now a few minutes later I decide I do want to mess with that and now the option is completely gone from everywhere I saw it beforehand. I've tried googling it but every single result has inaccurate information saying I click on her icon, and then click on the notebook and then on the about me section but there is nothing remotely similar to that when I click on the notebook on her sidebar. It just shows organizer and manager skills and the edit button by my name and email which clicking on that only let's me add a place and no other options period. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this so I can change those settings that are now mysteriously gone?

submitted by /u/leadweightdeadweight
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leadweightdeadweight, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Konmal88 Win User

Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Mar 27, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Cortana doesn't know my name [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 27, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Cortana doesn't know my name

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Cortana doesn't know my name

1. Cortana doesn't know my name - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn't name

2. Cortana doesn't fulfil my requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana doesn't fulfil my requests: Hi all! Can you please tell me how to fix Cortana? In windows 10 it worked as it should, but in version 11 I get this for any requests except *hi* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-fulfil-my-requests/e4c0cc85-0caf-4e56-a05b-05f582459de7
  3. Cortana doesn't fulfil my requests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana doesn't fulfil my requests: Hi all! Can you please tell me how to fix Cortana? In windows 10 it worked as it should, but in version 11 I get this for any requests except *hi* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-fulfil-my-requests/e4c0cc85-0caf-4e56-a05b-05f582459de7
  4. Cortana doesn't working

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't working: Hy everyone! I'm trying to use Cortana but when I starte talk to Cortana this message appear: "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that." All required permissions are turned on. Any another suggestion? Tks a lot...
  5. cortana doesn't remind my anymore

cortana doesn't remind my anymore: Cortana lists my reminders, but doesn't actually remind me when the time comes. Miss a lot of things because of this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-remind-my-anymore/680d2d04-698c-4a35-89ea-2e668cacee04
  6. Cortana doesn't recognize my voice?

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't recognize my voice?: When I first got my laptop, I set up Cortana so that she could recognize my voice but now apparently she doesn't no matter what mic I use and I can't seem to find to setting to redo the calibration. Whenever I click Cortana and click settings, it sends me to the actual app...
  7. Cortana stopped saying my name

in Cortana
    Cortana stopped saying my name: Cortana stopped saying my name. I've already tried resetting my name, when I'm done resetting it and then I ask Cortana what my name is, Cortana says "To learn about your personal data, go to privacy.microsoft.com." I've tried logging off and on, reset name over and over,...
  8. Cortana Doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana Doesn't anything: i'm trying to use my Cortana, it doesn't do anything, i cannot talk to it, I cannot write, It opens but without results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/7a0e07eb-9b06-4b9e-b7c8-ee4b18b35319"
  9. Cortana doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't anything: I try to find things for my Cortana and Cortana doesn't nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/35043d35-0f3e-4e5a-850c-b0b06fe8d2c2"
  10. My new girls name is Cortana

My new girls name is Cortana: She keeps telling me " I can't hear anything". I told hear "I don't want to pug in my mic". She is a little to high maintenance for me. LMAO *chuckle 10351

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortTana doesnt know my name