Windows 10: Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead

Discus and support Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, Cortana can not open programs anymore. If I ask her to open anything, for example: "open Spotify", it just gives me web search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by srdjanmax, Dec 17, 2019.

1. srdjanmax Win User

Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead

As the title says, Cortana can not open programs anymore. If I ask her to open anything, for example: "open Spotify", it just gives me web search results for Spotify. I tried different commands: open, launch, start... nothing works. I tried it with many different programs, again nothing opens. Sometimes Cortana will give me an error message that something went wrong. But most of the time it will perform a web search on the program that I told her to open. It does respond properly to other queries such as "what's the temperature outside". It used to work fine until several days ago. Does anyone know any fixes for this? I have Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (OS Build 18363.535)

Thanks,

S

:)

srdjanmax, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Konmal88 Win User

Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Cortana instead of opening apps, searching it on bong

When I say Cortana no to open an app such as "hey Cortana open bandicam" instead of opening it it searches like "open bandicam."(with a dot in the end) on bing what should I do to make Cortana open app instead of searching
    it on bing with a full stop at the end?

Keneel Shah, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead

How to enable Cortana to launch programs and music, instead of Bing Searching everything?

In this case, we suggest that you disable Windows Search from the
    Services settings. Please be reminded to backup your files before proceeding to this troubleshooting. To disable
    Windows Search, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • Click on Services.
    • From the list, double-click Windows Search.
    • Select Disabled on the drop-down field on Startup type.
    • Click on the Stop button on Service status.
    • After following the steps, restart your PC and try to open an app or program using
      Cortana.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead

1. Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn't open

2. there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...: recently there was a "join the waitlist" option shown on the New bing which was for the upcoming AI chatbot , so it required installing a Microsoft defaults which meant i have to make microsoft bing default for search and more , As soon as i did it , the cortana icon...
  3. there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...: recently there was a "join the waitlist" option shown on the New bing which was for the upcoming AI chatbot , so it required installing a Microsoft defaults which meant i have to make microsoft bing default for search and more , As soon as i did it , the cortana icon...
  4. there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...

in Cortana
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs: Hello! For a long time now, to open applications which I commonly use I've used the search bar. It's very quick and easy - but recently it's stopped working. For example, when I want to launch HyperV I'd simply hit the Windows key on my keyboard then type in 'hyperv' and hit...
  6. Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs: Hello! For a long time now, to open applications which I commonly use I've used the search bar. It's very quick and easy - but recently it's stopped working. For example, when I want to launch HyperV I'd simply hit the Windows key on my keyboard then type in 'hyperv' and hit...
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  9. Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana doesn't open programs, does bing search instead: As the title says, Cortana can not open programs anymore. If I ask her to open anything, for example: "open Spotify", it just gives me web search results for Spotify. I tried different commands: open, launch, start... nothing works. I tried it with many different programs,...
  10. Cortana no longer sets reminders, does web search instead

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer sets reminders, does web search instead: Hello, Cortana has worked flawlessly for me for years. All of a sudden since yesterday I can no longer set reminders, instead they just go straight to a web search. For example "remind me to do the shopping at 12" will just go straight to a web search instead of setting a...