Windows 10: Cortana doesn't respond on the first request

Discus and support Cortana doesn't respond on the first request in Cortana to solve the problem; I have an original Surface Pro sitting on my counter that use it mainly as a voice assistant. If I haven't talked to Cortana in a few hours, the first... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by rawk1971, Dec 29, 2019.

1. rawk1971 Win User

Cortana doesn't respond on the first request

I have an original Surface Pro sitting on my counter that use it mainly as a voice assistant. If I haven't talked to Cortana in a few hours, the first time I ask her something she wakes up with "Hey Cortana", but doesn't hear my next command or question and then just disappears. I then have to repeat my command a second time to get her to respond. After that if I keep asking her questions, then she works as expected. But, after several hours of activity the same thing happens all over again.

Since we only request her assistance a few times a day, this issue results in us having to ask everything twice. Not a great voice assistant experience.

I have Windows updated with the latest updates, running build 1903. I'm logged with my Microsoft account and everything is signed in.

:)

rawk1971, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Konmal88 Win User

Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Dec 29, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Cortana doesn't respond on the first request [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 29, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana doesn't respond on the first request - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn't respond

2. Cortana doesn't fulfil my requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana doesn't fulfil my requests: Hi all! Can you please tell me how to fix Cortana? In windows 10 it worked as it should, but in version 11 I get this for any requests except *hi* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-fulfil-my-requests/e4c0cc85-0caf-4e56-a05b-05f582459de7
  3. Cortana doesn't fulfil my requests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana doesn't fulfil my requests: Hi all! Can you please tell me how to fix Cortana? In windows 10 it worked as it should, but in version 11 I get this for any requests except *hi* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-fulfil-my-requests/e4c0cc85-0caf-4e56-a05b-05f582459de7
  4. Cortana doesn't respond to anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't respond to anything: Cortana was just doing fine when one day I realized she doesn't respond to ANY command. Whatever I say, my message just reaches her. No reply. If I try to speak using the mic button, Cortana starts to hear, but after just half a second, Cortana stops listening. Some of my...
  5. Cortana doesn't respond to anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't respond to anything: Cortana was just doing fine when one day I realized she doesn't respond to ANY command. Whatever I say, my message just reaches her. No reply. If I try to speak using the mic button, Cortana starts to hear, but after just half a second, Cortana stops listening. Some of my...
  6. Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" doesn't work

in Cortana
    Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" doesn't work: When I try turn on the option that lets Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" , it turns off automatically. Why does this happen? Is it a bug in the configuration app?...
  7. Cortana hears me but doesn't respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but doesn't respond: Cortana suddenly will not respond to me. If I say "hey cortana" it pops up and allows me to say something but then just spins and stops eventually. I've spent probably a total of 4-5 hours researching and attempting literally every solution I can find. I've even done system...
  8. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: Hi All, I recently bought surface book. OS is upgraded to latest. When I open the Cortana, it opens up and waiting for my voice. Even though, I speak something, Cortana is not Responding back. I used voice recorder application to test, which was working perfectly....
  9. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  10. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...