Windows 10: Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why?

Discus and support Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was so happy when I started Cortana for the first time. But I was dissapointed quickly, because it is missing A LOT of features that normal Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Žan Torkar, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why?

I was so happy when I started Cortana for the first time. But I was dissapointed quickly, because it is missing A LOT of features that normal Cortana has. For example, it doesn't have that taskbar on the left or the function to learn the voice, also some commands, like "Cortana, remind me to send an email at 5 PM", or "Cortana, where is Venice?" it says "Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one" or "Sorry, but I can't help with that". What can I do? Simple commands, like "Cortana, roll the dice", or "Hello Cortana!" work normally.

Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why? 67712464-2055-4683-88fe-22832c20c635?upload=true.png

I have Windows 10 Home. What can I do? Please help.

:)

Žan Torkar, Dec 21, 2020
  2. D Gittins Win User

Cortana won't respond to commands.

• Have you tried installing any pending updates on your device?

Yes. I've installed all available updates from MS.
    • What are the steps have you done so far to isolate the issue?

I've run the troubleshooter. I've verified that the mic works for all other apps.
    • Have you tried restarting your device? By simply restarting your device or PC can resolve the issue.

I've restarted many times. The problem has been persistent for months.

When I say, 'Hey Cortana' it initially responds. The circle starts turning as if waiting for my command. But it doesn't respond to any further commands.

The microphone is obviously working because Cortana hears the "Hey Cortana" command but does not respond to any further voice commands. There's no indication from the graph that Cortana hears anything after the initial "Hey Cortana" command.

D Gittins, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Konmal88 Win User
    Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Dec 21, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why?

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why?

1. Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why? - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn't respond

2. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  3. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  4. Missing some features in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing some features in device manager: Hi, I am Sakib using an HP Zbook firefly 14 g8 windows 11. My pc has 256gb of nvme storage which is extremely low for me, so I am using my older desktop's hard drive on my laptop with a 'sata to usb' converter as a secondary storage device to install and run programs and...
  5. Missing some features in device manager

Missing some features in device manager: Hi, I am Sakib using an HP Zbook firefly 14 g8 windows 11. My pc has 256gb of nvme storage which is extremely low for me, so I am using my older desktop's hard drive on my laptop with a 'sata to usb' converter as a secondary storage device to install and run programs and...
  6. why doesn't cortana speak on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why doesn't cortana speak on my computer: Cortana not speaking . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-cortana-speak-on-my-computer/b700dd2b-ac1c-4a29-a2c0-3888bff86053
  7. why doesn't cortana speak on my computer

why doesn't cortana speak on my computer: Cortana not speaking . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-cortana-speak-on-my-computer/b700dd2b-ac1c-4a29-a2c0-3888bff86053
  8. Cortana not responding to voice commands.

in Cortana
    Cortana not responding to voice commands.: Every time I need to talk to cortana, I am required to hit the mic button so that cortana can start listening to me. I even tried going to settings and turned on the "Hey cortana" option on. Still I have to press the mic button every time. The voice command "Hey cortana" is...
  9. Advanced Options missing some features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Options missing some features: Of late my Advanced Options only displays the Startup settings while other features such as Startup Repair and Command Prompt suddenly vanished. [IMG]...
  10. cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed...

in Cortana
    cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed...: cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed alone by her for example I call say call of duty it plays call of duty on spotify if I say farah call of duty never responds and changes the words windows 10 1909 Yesterday or normal, how...