Windows 10: cortana doesnt show about me option

Discus and support cortana doesnt show about me option in Cortana to solve the problem; cortana doesnt show about me ican in notebook... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ahmadraza.222, Mar 6, 2020.

1. cortana doesnt show about me option

cortana doesnt show about me ican in notebook

:)

ahmadraza.222, Mar 6, 2020

2. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 6, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

cortana doesnt show about me option

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

cortana doesnt show about me option

1. cortana doesnt show about me option - Similar Threads - cortana doesnt show

2. Wifi option doesnt show up, but

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option doesnt show up, but: My wifi option suddenly disappeared, i've tried to follow the instructions that are provided from google searching, but it didnt do anything. I tried to check my wifi adapter in my device manager - Network adapters, only to see that there are no wifi option, only WAN's and...
  3. Wifi option doesnt show up, but

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi option doesnt show up, but: My wifi option suddenly disappeared, i've tried to follow the instructions that are provided from google searching, but it didnt do anything. I tried to check my wifi adapter in my device manager - Network adapters, only to see that there are no wifi option, only WAN's and...
  4. Wifi option doesnt show and only shows airplane mode option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option doesnt show and only shows airplane mode option: my wifi option doesnt show up ever since i changed keyboard which i dont think its a virus it only shows me the airplane mode and when i went for trouble shoot it tells me ethernet cable is unplugged even though i dont use ethernet, i also tried network reset, restarting...
  5. Wifi option doesnt show and only shows airplane mode option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi option doesnt show and only shows airplane mode option: my wifi option doesnt show up ever since i changed keyboard which i dont think its a virus it only shows me the airplane mode and when i went for trouble shoot it tells me ethernet cable is unplugged even though i dont use ethernet, i also tried network reset, restarting...
  6. About Cortana

in Cortana
    About Cortana: How to make Cortana control music play, next, previous,.... She alaways says "I cant control your music here". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-cortana/24220ac4-f84d-44ac-9344-b55e625c5bac
  7. About cortana

in Cortana
    About cortana: Does the age limit is impotant to sing in to cortana with my microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-cortana/adebb432-2ff5-4849-8832-4a0109aba7c3
  8. No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me.

in Cortana
    No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me.: I want to change what Cortana calls me but can't, I asked her, after sighning into everything "what is my name?", she returns "Sign in to your account & go to privacy settings" but does not tell me what to do there?, however I am already signed in, signed in to every other MS...
  9. about cortana

in Cortana
    about cortana: when I want to let cortana know my voice ,it said sorry I cannot hear you clearly ,please try again.But,i had try it many times and I speak loudly,i don't know why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-cortana/8888efa2-d990-4850-9ea4-b4a1e75d8b10"
  10. About cortana

in Cortana
    About cortana: When I given command to Cortana "Identify the music playing in the background". In response to that Cortana did nothing. I want to say that as GOOGLE ASSISSTANCE CAN DO WHY CORTANA CAN'T. CORTANA SHOULD HAVE SUCH FEATURE. AND THIS WILL ENSURE ITS DEVELOPMENT. Plz solve the...