Windows 10: Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove

Discus and support Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove in Cortana to solve the problem; I ask Cortana to play music from my library where I set up Groove as a default. But when I ask to play a specific artist or a song, Cortana sends me to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MilesKoch, Nov 24, 2018.

1. MilesKoch Win User

Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove

I ask Cortana to play music from my library where I set up Groove as a default. But when I ask to play a specific artist or a song, Cortana sends me to the Store to download this music. I have this music on my PC

:)

MilesKoch, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Cortana won't play local music

Hi Joseph,

Cortana plays musics that are located in a folder where Groove is set to look for music. You can add more folders to it by following this steps:

• Open Groove Music.
    • Under Albums, click Choose where we look for music.
    • Click + to add a folder.
    • Browse for the folder that you wanted and click Add this folder to Music
      and Cortana will now play musics on the folder.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove

Getting Cortana to play music in Groove Music

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to change the default app setting and set groove music player to default.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps:
    1. Go to settings.
    2. Select system.
    3. Choose default apps.
    4. Select groove music in default apps and save the settings.

This should helps you play music with groove music paler.

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance with windows. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove

1. Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn’t play

2. Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?: Im not seeing my recent plays from the otherday. I have lots of randomly named mp3's so this feature is very helpful when it works - any sort of history....
  3. Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?: Im not seeing my recent plays from the otherday. I have lots of randomly named mp3's so this feature is very helpful when it works - any sort of history....
  4. Is it possible to schedule using Task scheduler to play music using groove music player?

Is it possible to schedule using Task scheduler to play music using groove music player?: I want to schedule to play music using groove music player, I found that I can use Task scheduler so, I tried to schedule to play music but there is no option to use groove. I don't want to use any other players. Please solve my problem....
  5. OGG files not playing in groove music

OGG files not playing in groove music: hello :so i was trying to listen to a game's songs from the files and they are all .ogg filesand when i open them in groove music it shows me an error code 0xc00d36c4 with a message saying the file type is unsupported even though it used to work beforeand yes i have checked...
  6. No audio will play without Groove Music

No audio will play without Groove Music: No audio will play from the computer speakers from any application unless a track is also playing in Groove Music. One I start a track in groove music audio from any other application will suddenly play. Once the audio is going I can turn off groove music and the audio will...
  7. cortana can't play music

in Cortana
    cortana can't play music: when I asked her to play music she said sorry but for the time being I am not equipped to do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-play-music/2e62d213-cd25-4802-9552-9c9e6805806b
  8. Cortana won't play music

in Cortana
    Cortana won't play music: Hi guys ! How can I control music with cortana with latest update? When I say her " Cortana play some music" She answer me: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." Please how can i fix this ? [Original Title: Cortana]...
  9. Cortana - wont play music through groove

in Cortana
    Cortana - wont play music through groove: Hi microsoft. I have combed the searches for an hour now trying to get cortana to default to groove when i ask to play music from my library. Groove is all set up to play from my library and i can use cortana to "play music" once it's open but when i ask her to play a...
  10. Groove Music. Play All/Play Once

Groove Music. Play All/Play Once: How do I switch between these options? New to GM and it insists on playing all. Pop says "Play All" but no indication as to how to switch to play once. To the point and simple please; Thanks, Don...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana doesnt work with groove

2. make cortana play music groove Windows Phone

3. why is groove not supported cortana

4. Why isnt groove music supported,
  5. music from link doesnt work,
  6. cortana doesnt play music in groove,
  7. why groove music is not supported by cortana,
  8. how to add groove music to cortana,
  9. Why isnt groove supported,
  10. How do I sync cortina to groove music,
  11. how to use groove music with cortana,