Windows 10: Cortana doesn't work after Windows 10 update (Oct 2018)

Discus and support Cortana doesn't work after Windows 10 update (Oct 2018) in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I have updated my computer after many busy months. I updated to the latest version (Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Version:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BCYTECH, Feb 14, 2019.

1. BCYTECH Win User

Cortana doesn't work after Windows 10 update (Oct 2018)

Hi,

Recently I have updated my computer after many busy months. I updated to the latest version (Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Version: 17763.316)

However, I tried calling Cortana but Cortana didn't respond. I click on the Cortana Mic button and it says "Tap here to make sure Cortana can hear you." I tried checking my microphone and sound settings and yet no luck.

Any suggestions? Some said that it was a bug from Windows Update hence I wanted to check and clarify if it is actually being under investigation and further development by Microsoft / Windows 10 team.

:)

BCYTECH, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Windows 10 recognized my microphone and works, but Cortana doesn't activates

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with Cortana, let me assist you.

To assist you better, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Have you installed all the pending updated?

• Which build of Windows 10 is running in your system?

• What is the make and model of your system?

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to
    Turn off the Cortana
    and then Turn on and check if the issue is resolved.

I suggest you to install all the pending updates (if any) and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below to check for the pending updates.

• Press Windows key + I key and click on
      Update & security Windows Update.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Install the pending updates (if any).

If the issue is unresolved, refer to the below article on
    Reasons Cortana doesn't talk to me and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...73d1e63b0e/reasons-cortana-doesn-t-talk-to-me

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Konmal88 Win User
    Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Cortana doesn't work after Windows 10 update (Oct 2018)

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Cortana doesn't work after Windows 10 update (Oct 2018)

1. Cortana doesn't work after Windows 10 update (Oct 2018) - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn't update

2. No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018: Why do I loss sound after the Windows 10 Oct 2018 update.? Even with the updated update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-update-oct-2018/4844094d-87f9-47f1-ba26-a30bf7fcf929
  3. No Windows 10 updates since Oct 9, 2018

No Windows 10 updates since Oct 9, 2018: There are usually windows 10 updates pushed out at least once a week, but they seem to have stopped. When I check for updates it shows none available. As of today (11/10), it has been more than a month since an update has been availble which seems strange. The last update...
  4. windows 10 pro update oct 2018

windows 10 pro update oct 2018: hello, I I have windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in updating to version 1809 in sloveniahave pc and windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in the update with version 1809 in sloveniaI have pc and windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in the update...
  5. Cookies problem after Oct 10, 2018 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cookies problem after Oct 10, 2018 update: I understand the Oct 10th update supposedly fixed a 3rd party cookie problem in that when blocking these cookies was enabled, it did not block all of them. So a fix was implemented. Now however, my bill pay site of my financial institution no longer works unless I enable ALL...
  6. Windows 10 Oct 2018 updates

Windows 10 Oct 2018 updates: I have an Oct Win 10 2018 update pending. Its been downloaded and is waiting for restart. It downloaded on or about the 4 th of Oct 2018. Based on all the problems of this update recently, how do I keep this one from installing/updateing untill the "fix" for these bugs is...
  7. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  8. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  9. oct 2018 update question

oct 2018 update question: everybody is talking about the October 2018 update (which I don't think I got) today I updated to build 18252 from build 17763 heres my question.... 1. what is the oct update 2. does build 18252 overwrite the oct update...
  10. Screen Sizing in Oct 2018 Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Sizing in Oct 2018 Windows 10 Update?: Microsoft just updated my computer (without my permission and unbeknownst to me). All my non-Microsoft software was deleted. All of it. My settings were all gone. I cannot have the display fit my 16:9 screen as it did before the update. Is this my ignorance or is this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not working after latest upgrade

2. win 10 bing Cortana doesnt work

3. after update cortana speech doesnt work

4. cortana doesnt work,
  5. Cortana doesnt work after Win10 Upgrade,
  6. cortana doesnt work after update,
  7. cortana doesnt work in windows 10,
  8. cortana doesnt work 2019