Windows 10: Cortana, edge, and the stupid news

Discus and support Cortana, edge, and the stupid news in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I delete the stupid cortana, edge and microsoft news? I'm so sick and tired of having this worthless and DUMB apps pushed on me. how do i delete... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DeS198878, Jun 9, 2021.

1. DeS198878 Win User

Cortana, edge, and the stupid news

How do I delete the stupid cortana, edge and microsoft news? I'm so sick and tired of having this worthless and DUMB apps pushed on me. how do i delete them FOREVER?

:)

DeS198878, Jun 9, 2021

2. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Cortana, edge, and the stupid news

Cortana

Hi,

It seems that Cortana is not configured to use Microsoft Edge. To ensure that Cortana will use Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the More (. . .) icon, then click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.
    • Under Privacy and services, toggle on Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge.

If Cortana still opens web pages using Internet Explorer, then we suggest that you restart your computer to apply the changes. Once your computer is up, try using Cortana again and let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Cortana, edge, and the stupid news

1. Cortana, edge, and the stupid news - Similar Threads - Cortana edge stupid

2. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  3. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  4. Disable news for ms edge

in Browsers and Email
    Disable news for ms edge: How to disable news as the default start up and home page of ms edge ? 179177
  5. NEWS FEED IN THE EDGE

NEWS FEED IN THE EDGE: WANT THE NEW YORK POST AS MY NEWS FEED. THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-feed-in-the-edge/6b18e58d-030f-4aa1-8564-64ff4b26fac5
  6. Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and Cortana: I also hate these two programs and it is unacceptable that Microsoft is trying to decide for us, what programs are beneficial. They need to write a patch to completely remove these two programs(they are not apps, apps are on an Android phone, by the way app is an acronym...
  7. Cortana and Edge, not Explorer

Cortana and Edge, not Explorer: I want my Cortana to use Edge for web searches, not Explorer. I cannot finding anything in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/cortana-and-edge-not-explorer/a2926409-4f66-4b96-8bc5-dd78dbaa37d4
  8. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...
  9. Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

Cortana News Post Anniversary Update: Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue. Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did pre anniversary update but it does not now. My region/location is all UK. Many thanks 59356
  10. Cortana News Issue

Cortana News Issue: Hi guys. Desperately hoping someone can help me with a bit of an annoying problem. Basically Cortana Search is set up for me to show my news and weather. It shows the news and weather etc perfectly fine however for some reason now when I click on "Ask me anything" it will say...