Windows 10: Cortana English

Discus and support Cortana English in Cortana to solve the problem; If Cortana English is not available in Canada as the annoying pop up keep stating, then why don't Microsoft remove it from its windows 10 settings for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by The King.., Feb 3, 2020.

1. Cortana English

If Cortana English is not available in Canada as the annoying pop up keep stating, then why don't Microsoft remove it from its windows 10 settings for devices marketed for Canada?

It doesn't stay closed nor minimized and pops up as a useless item with the words; SORRY, BUT CORTANA IS NOT AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH CANADA AT THIS TIME.

Take it off and make it an option when it is available.

:)

The King.., Feb 3, 2020

2. cortana not working with English (India) setup.

Hello Manoj,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As even performing all the above steps didn't help you to activate Cortana with English (India) settings, I suggest you to change the settings to English (United states) and check if Cortana is working.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; to access Cortana in English language, you need to set English as default language in your computer.

I suggest you to set English language as default in your system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the English language and click on
      Set as Default button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Stewart_R Win User

Cortana English

Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

Cortana English WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

Cortana English a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Cortana English

1. Cortana English - Similar Threads - Cortana English

2. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  3. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  4. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Cortana says not available in english but was working the last time i used my laptop why...

in Cortana
    My Cortana says not available in english but was working the last time i used my laptop why...: Please can anyone help my cortana is not working and says not available in english but was working last week when i used my laptop? any assistance is greatly appreciated ?* Moved from Research...
  6. English US keyboard keep appearing when it is not one of the preferences and Cortana voice...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    English US keyboard keep appearing when it is not one of the preferences and Cortana voice...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/2-keyboard-layouts-keep-appearing-even-they-arent/de256e6e-a68b-4451-90b6-ada43a64b4dc?tm=1615834092403&rtAction=1615856341671I still have the same problem but the English UK is gone now but the...
  7. English US keyboard keep appearing and Cortana voice command doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    English US keyboard keep appearing and Cortana voice command doesn't work: From my last question posted on the forum,https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/2-keyboard-layouts-keep-appearing-even-they-arent/de256e6e-a68b-4451-90b6-ada43a64b4dc?tm=1615834092403&rtAction=1615856341671I still have the same problem...
  8. Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg?

in Cortana
    Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg?: Wales is a separate country from England. We have our own dialects and accents of English and we have our own language. It is annoying to hear the English voice misprounounce Welsh place names. The issue of the lack of Welsh native language is another!...
  9. Cortana assistant English/Russian

in Cortana
    Cortana assistant English/Russian: When does Cortana will be available for Russia? It has been already 7 years, and there's still no hope from you, that it will appear any time soon. Could you at least, make Cortana English version working on Russian locale or something like that? Cortana declines to work on...
  10. Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update: Cannot select App Category as " Cortana " is not included on Listings There is a problem, with Version 2004 why can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset cortana microphone

2. sorry but cortana not available in english uk at this time