Windows 10: Cortana fails to create note in OneNote

Discus and support Cortana fails to create note in OneNote in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HARDWARE: Tested with various including Surface Book, HP Envy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Book 12 OS: Windows 10 - 1803 APPS: Cortana & OneNote, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by T. Bishop, Aug 4, 2018.

1. T. Bishop Win User

Cortana fails to create note in OneNote

HARDWARE:

Tested with various including Surface Book, HP Envy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Book 12

Windows 10 - 1803

APPS:

Cortana & OneNote, all updates applied as of 8/4/2018

ISSUE:

1. Give Cortana the "new note" or "take a note" command

2. Dictate the text, e.g. "change oil"

3. Cortana translates the speech into text, then the blue circle spins, then the Cortana panel disappears. No note appears in OneNote.

:)

T. Bishop, Aug 4, 2018

2. Issues with Cortana 'Take a Note' and OneNote

Firstly, I love the Cortana 'Take a note' facility but it seems to have a sync problem. When I instruct Cortana to take a note it places the not in the "Quick Notes" section of my personal book. No problems with that but it seems to place it in the Quick
    Notes using the Windows 10 app version of OneNote. Sadly the OneNote app only sees to sync when it is launched so if like me you routinely use OneNote for Office you don't see the Cortana notes until you've first launched the Windows 10 app. This is also
    true for the mobile apps. Can OneNote be set to background sync when a new Cortana note is added? because if I forget to launch the Windows 10 OneNote app I don't have my notes on the move. Also I would like the option not to store the voice recording just
    the text.

Original Title: Cortana 'Take a Note' and OneNote

MeTheOtherOne, Aug 4, 2018
  3. jdeacon Win User
    OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

Got it! There's one more step. For the notebook you've chosen for your Quick Notes as described by paulsalter, make sure that that notebook (on each device if you've tablet and PC like me) is syncing to OneDrive, if that's where you keep your OneNote work, as I do.

I wouldn't know how to do that except that OneNote popped up a ribbon telling me the chosen Quick Notes notebook wasn't synced to OneDrive and would I like it to be?

jdeacon, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Mark_W. Win User

OneNote fails to open skydrive notes "Checking for sections in this notebook"

Hello Samiuela:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having accessing a specific notebook on your phone. If I understand you correctly, you have a OneNote notebook currently on SkyDrive that you are unable to access from the phone. If my understanding
    is incorrect, please correct me.

What I would suggest you do is go to
    http://skydrive.com
    and sign into the account on your phone.

• Once you are signed in, create a new notebook (This can be done by clicking the + at the top of the page and selecting a OneNote notebook).
    • Once you have done this go to your phone and sync the primary account, tap settings > emails + accounts >tap and hold the primary Windows Live account on the phone > select sync.
    • Once the sync is complete, go to the Office app.
    • At the bottom of the OneNote page, tap the notebook icon.
    • You should see the newly created notebook, if you do not, tap the (...) in the bottom right and then select refresh.
    • Once you have confirmed this new notebook appears here, go back to the computer and copy the original OneNote notebook into this newly created one.
    • Go back to the phone and refresh again and try to access the OneNote document.
    If you are having any issues creating and syncing new OneNotes to SkyDrive, set this new notebook as your default notebook. You can do this by doing the following:

• Go to the Office application on your phone.
    • Tap the notebook icon.
    • Select the new notebook.
    • Tap and hold the folder that appears.
    • Select the "set as default" option.
    • Go back to OneNote and create a new note and back out, you should see that it is syncing.
    • Confirm that you see the new note in this notebook on SkyDrive.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana fails to create note in OneNote - Similar Threads - Cortana fails create

2. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  3. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  4. Problems about sticky note in OneNote app

Problems about sticky note in OneNote app: I use Microsoft ‘one note’ app on iPad. The sticky note doesn’t work properly. It sometimes fixes. Please improve it. I cannot add anything in my previous sticky note....
  5. Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online

Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online: The solution posted here: A fix for links not working in OneNote Online - Microsoft Community doesn't seem to work for Windows 10 OneNote created link which is accessed using OneNote online. Please let me know if there is a fix....
  6. Sticky Notes- can't create notes

Sticky Notes- can't create notes: When I open the Sticky Notes application I can open the sticky note list, but cannot create any notes. I have terminated the program in settings and re-opened, reset the application in the settings, removed and re-downloaded the application from the app store, and reset the...
  7. [solved] Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

in Cortana
    [solved] Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note: Cortana's "take a note" crashes after a note is either spoken or written. The screen below just closes instead of presenting me with the screen "Here is your note" and the symbol of onenote besides it. As a result, the notes aren't being saved in any onenote notebook. I've...
  8. Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

in Cortana
    Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note: Cortana's "take a note" crashes after a note is either spoken or written. The screen below just closes instead of presenting me with the screen "Here is your note" and the symbol of onenote besides it. As a result, the notes aren't being saved in any onenote notebook. I've...
  9. Storing Onenote notes locally?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Storing Onenote notes locally?: When I used Evernote there was a facility to mark notes or a notebook for storage locally so they can be accessed when there is no internet connection. Is there a way to do similar in Onenote? I am using Onenote 2016 (the free one). 104451
  10. OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote app and desktop and quick notes: I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside the app. Mostly I work in the desktop OneNote, but for a quick note, pressing the top of the stylus and getting straight into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Creating notes in Cortana problem

2. cortana onenote

3. onenote cortana

4. cortana notebook note,
  5. create note onenote ios voice cortana,
  6. onenote fails to create notebook