Windows 10: Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar

Discus and support Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar in Cortana to solve the problem; I have been trying to get Cortana to send emails and add events to my calendar. However, whenever I ask it to send an email it searches this on Bing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BrunoBonizzi, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar

I have been trying to get Cortana to send emails and add events to my calendar. However, whenever I ask it to send an email it searches this on Bing rather than doing anything. With the calendar it does understand and starts creating an event, but then fails to move on after asking me the date or tells me it has “hit a snag”.

I have searched for solutions on the internet and nothing helped. My email and calendar accounts are correctly set on Mail app as well as linked through Cortana’s notebook. I have checked settings and privacy options and it all seems normal. I have even reset cortana through powershell.

Any idea on how to make this work?

:)

BrunoBonizzi, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Racemic Win User

Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana

Yes, and I do not see Outlook 2016 in the options for 'Calendar' as I do for 'Mail'.

Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar [​IMG]

==================
    ==================

Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar [​IMG]

Racemic, Jul 12, 2019
  3. OneNote Integration with Outlook Calendar

One incredibly useful feature to have would be to integrate OneNote pages into Outlook Calendar, with or without Cortana. I'm assuming this is possible for you guys since you acquired Wunderlist. (P.S. I'm submitting this suggestion to Windows Feedback and
    Wunderlist separately). [This is for both phone and PC, but I can't select both, so...]

I'll give you an example.

Say, you tell Cortana, "Hey Cortana, I need to make a list of Medicines to buy to complete by the 30th of this month."

So, Cortana asks the items on the list, and makes a page in a section called "Reminder lists" in the user's OneNote Notebook. This is also affixed to a calendar event that Cortana Makes, on a calendar of the user's choice (I think making a separate calendar
    for this isn't beneficial). Now, one can append and modify the list from OneNote, and change the date from the calendar.

As we complete tasks on the list, we can fill the check-boxes in OneNote. Probably Cortana integration could come in there too. I could say "I've finished Aspirin 20 tablets from list Medicines to buy" and Cortana would tick the checkbox.

Now, on the day, we have a reminder about our list from Cortana or calendar, with three options: Snooze, Show, Completed. If we select "Completed", all the checkboxes would get checked, and the list is marked as complete. If Snoozed, it shows up again.
    If asked to show, the items which are remaining on the list alone are shown.

Rohan Shankar, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar

1. Cortana fails to integrate with mail and calendar - Similar Threads - Cortana fails integrate

2. Mail & Calendar App failing to sync accounts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail & Calendar App failing to sync accounts.: I've been having problems with Microsoft Mail for the past 3 days now and what's killing me is the fact that this was completely random and out of the blue. Before I explain my issue I just want to point out that the app was working perfectly prior to.. nothing. I changed...
  3. Cortana Calendar Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Calendar Bug: My Cortana is showing symptoms of dementia :c [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-calendar-bug/5ae63765-1dee-4c66-b19d-88823f2e37c1
  4. Calendar + To Do integration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar + To Do integration: is there any calendar app showing both events and to dos? not just a shortcut for them as for the windows calendar app :( submitted by /u/Sbrubillabre [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfeejx/calendar_to_do_integration/
  5. Cortana and Todo Integration

in Cortana
    Cortana and Todo Integration: Our house uses Cortana for maintaining our lists. Until recently, she has worked great with groceries, shopping items, general todo, etc. Sometime recently, Cortana's lists split from the Todo app's lists. Cortana's lists still has some of the original items but any new items...
  6. Mail and Calendar integration with Cortana not working

in Windows 10 News
    Mail and Calendar integration with Cortana not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Cortana was launched with emphasis on its tight integration with the Windows Mail and Calendar apps. This integration has been one of the highlighting features of this Personal Digital Assistant. But some users have reported that the Mail and Calendar [...]...
  7. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  8. Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana: Hi guys, How can I change my default 'Calendar' app to use my Outlook 2016? So that when say "Hey Cortana", she can make appointments to my calendar managed by Outlook 2016? Thanks 19343
  9. no sign in options,cortana or mail and calendar in w10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no sign in options,cortana or mail and calendar in w10: Hi I reserved and w10 home downloaded ok. Computer is working fine apart from Some default apps eg mail and Cortana don't work. Sign in options wont function, and credential manager wont start. I have manually downloaded some updates from Microsoft as some updated were...
  10. Mail and Calendar apps should really be integrated into a single app

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail and Calendar apps should really be integrated into a single app: Like how Outlook does it. I don't use them for that reason alone. 10947