Windows 10: Cortana for current and all users

Discus and support Cortana for current and all users in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Eternal Flower, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Cortana for current and all users

Hi,

I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??

Please help.

Have a nice day.

:)

Eternal Flower, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Cortana for current and all users

cortana

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest you to turn off Cortana and turn it on again. Steps to do that are below:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Go to Time & Language, to Speech, then select
      Speech, inking, & typing privacy settings under Related Settings.
    • Click Stop getting to know me to turn off Cortana.
    • Click Get to know me to turn on Cortana.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you create a new user account with the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click User Account, then
      Manage Accounts.
    • Click Add a new user.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Cortana for current and all users

1. Cortana for current and all users - Similar Threads - Cortana current users

2. How to remove the cortana icon for ALL users?? Win10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove the cortana icon for ALL users?? Win10 2004: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M4l3k0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw0113/how_to_remove_the_cortana_icon_for_all_users/
  3. cortana device setup is currently not available

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana device setup is currently not available: For some reason im unable download the Cortana device setup . Ive tried rebooting my system and my app store. Keeps giving me "device setup is currently not available" and i can't find a solution anywhere. Please help...
  4. is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked?

in Cortana
    is there a way to make cortana NOT interrupt what the user is currently doing when invoked?: For example, right now if I invoke Cortana while I am in Notepad and typing text, the Cortana popup will prevent me from typing into Notepad because the focus will switch to Cortana. Is there a way to make Cortana not do that and instead let me type as I shout my command?...
  5. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803: Hi, I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all newly created users. My problem is when I have Cortana disabled, the searchbox reverts to the magnifying glass icon. I need it to...
  6. Log off all but current user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  7. Log off all but current user

in Windows 10 Support
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  8. close current, not all?

in Browsers and Email
    close current, not all?: If I have multiple tabs open and I click close, it asks me to close all or cancel. Where is the close current tab like IE11? 32670
  9. How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all: Is there a way to make [img] this layout and settings for every user that signs on to a computer through our domain? Teachers do not need Cortana or any web searching through the search box. Is it possible to make these settings a default for all new users who sign on?...
  10. End all current user processes via shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    End all current user processes via shortcut: adwcleaner dose a neat thing where it closes all user processes, can I batch run that to a short cut key? 2 or 4 times a week my win10 lags hard from either search indexing or a virus scan or to much mem in use, if I can flush most user processes then I can at least use my PC...