Windows 10: Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything

Discus and support Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JosephAlexis1, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything

Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything

:)

JosephAlexis1, Dec 29, 2018

2. Cortana Voice Commands for Music Not Working

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand that voice commands for Cortana are not working. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Cortana Command

Hi,

Commanding Cortana to perform the sleep function is possible. You can use Cortana to command a device to go to sleep mode by creating a shortcut for the sleep function. Follow these steps to do:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click inside the Programs folder and then select the New Shortcut option.
    • In the location field, type the following: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0.
    • Name it Sleep.
    • To test if the function is already working, say "Hey Cortana, open Sleep".

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything :)

Thema:

1. Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything - Similar Threads - Cortana freezes few

2. Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!: Hello, I have a problem with command prompt in windows 11. Command prompt is closing automatically all by it's self after few seconds when opened. It is really annoying. When I was about to type something, it closes automatically which makes me angry. And also, the terminal...
  3. Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!: Hello, I have a problem with command prompt in windows 11. Command prompt is closing automatically all by it's self after few seconds when opened. It is really annoying. When I was about to type something, it closes automatically which makes me angry. And also, the terminal...
  4. Win10 loading ring freeze after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 loading ring freeze after few seconds: I couldn't find 1 answer for this in the community.... BUT!!.. I did repair it by defaulting the boot sequence incase anyone else runs into this. Kids will be kids... button mashers!...
  5. My Laptop freezes after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Laptop freezes after a few seconds: So my Acer Predator Helios 300 freezes after a few seconds when i turn it on. i cant access anything as i cant login. I have tried deinstalling the latest updates through a USB Boot, wich didnt work. and after nothing else worked i did a complete reset of the Laptop. I did...
  6. Windows freezes permanently after a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes permanently after a few seconds: Hello, Upon setting up my PC, it was getting BSOD error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, after around 30 seconds of running the computer works fine in safe mode, and I updated the drivers, so now instead of crashing the software freezes in an unusual way: I can interact with the...
  7. Computer freezed after a few seconds of doing nothing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezed after a few seconds of doing nothing?: Well, when you boot my PC it usually takes an unusually long time. Although it has a ssd. it starts up normally fast, maybe every ten times. And if I don't write anything for ten seconds or if I move my mouse, first the mouse pointer starts to jerk and then it just freezes....
  8. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.....
  9. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...
  10. Cortana closes after I pose a question to her

in Cortana
    Cortana closes after I pose a question to her: Hello I have a Lenovo Yoga 510 running Windows 10 Home (version 1803). Recently, after posing a question to Cortana, she will suddenly just close. This feature was working fine before the latest automatic update, and I have tried numerous 'fixes' such as ending the task in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana crashes after a few seconds

2. cortana freezes on voice