Windows 10: Cortana generates full screen window with a circle in the middle

Discus and support Cortana generates full screen window with a circle in the middle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy. The environment: Hp Envy. Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48). All available updates applied to the OS and the Windows apps. The issue: Ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustRay, May 19, 2018.

1. JustRay Win User

Cortana generates full screen window with a circle in the middle

Howdy.

The environment:
    Hp Envy.
    Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48).
    All available updates applied to the OS and the Windows apps.

The issue:
    Ever since I updated the OS to 1803, I get this fuill screen Cortana windows (with an "X" in the upper right corner.)
    I can't seem to predict when it will appear, but when it does it is always during a period of non activity on my laptop.
    If I'm using the laptop, I never see it.

My screen saver is set to display the time after 120 minutes.
    And that much inactivity does not take place before this Cortana window appears.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

And more importantly (to me), does anyone know what to do to get this to stop ?

I suspect, but can't prove this Cortana windows is something new.

Thanks in advance for replies, all.

:)

JustRay, May 19, 2018
  2. Quisas Win User

Cortana's Inner Circle losing names!

Ion G.,

Not helpful. I'm experiencing the same issue. The inner circle is all setup, until it isn't. All the names are gone and they are back in the suggestions list.

Very annoying.

Quisas, May 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 seems to loop during startup, blinking blue screen with running circle in the middle

After updating to windows 10 and installing graphic driver (Dell latitude E6510) I am not able to use my computer anymore. After seeing the four blue tiles in the middle the screen start to blink (black-blue) with the running white dots (circle) in the middle.
    It will not stop and I am only able to switch off the computer. So I can't use my computer anymore and have no access to local stored data.

Is there anybody who has the same problem or even better, a solution for me?

harryschroot, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Cortana generates full screen window with a circle in the middle

1. Cortana generates full screen window with a circle in the middle - Similar Threads - Cortana generates full

2. Black circle in the middle of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black circle in the middle of screen: Disclaimer: This forum would not let me upload any pictures?Screen Shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmJ6IfRjKhXQvDecONrwm-pDOxi6vp5x/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17tnoCRcsoyAe5Ez4wFV-UZ111w1c7DBE/view?usp=sharingAfter the latest round of Windows 10...
  3. Black circle in the middle of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black circle in the middle of screen: Disclaimer: This forum would not let me upload any pictures?Screen Shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmJ6IfRjKhXQvDecONrwm-pDOxi6vp5x/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17tnoCRcsoyAe5Ez4wFV-UZ111w1c7DBE/view?usp=sharingAfter the latest round of Windows 10...
  4. Full-featured trackpad middle button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full-featured trackpad middle button?: There is a setting to turn three-finger tap/click to act as a middle click. But it's awkwardly castrated which twists my head many years. Ok, I can click - why can't I drag???This makes any use of a CAD software, or even Resolve, anything which needs a basic but proper middle...
  5. Full-featured trackpad middle button?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Full-featured trackpad middle button?: There is a setting to turn three-finger tap/click to act as a middle click. But it's awkwardly castrated which twists my head many years. Ok, I can click - why can't I drag???This makes any use of a CAD software, or even Resolve, anything which needs a basic but proper middle...
  6. Full-featured trackpad middle button?

7. About gray circle on the middle of the Windows 10 screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    About gray circle on the middle of the Windows 10 screen: Hi I use Windows 10 Pro version 20h2 with multi monitor setup. On the primary monitor, there is a gray circle that annoys me for couple of days and the other screen does not have the problem. Is it a bug? [ATTACH]...
  8. Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search

in Cortana
    Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search: Cortana task bar box will not generate a search. I have windows 10 * Moved from MSN * Original title: Cortana problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem-cortana-task-bar-box-will-not/188ac747-0f46-4154-9f7c-9d66fc3855b5
  9. Stop Cortana going full-screen

Stop Cortana going full-screen: I'd like to be able to use Cortana to set timers without it taking up the screen so I have to use the X in the top right corner to continue to use my PC. Having to use my mouse to get Cortana out of the way undermines having been able to use my voice to set the timer. 88029
  10. Wheel has come full circle

Wheel has come full circle: BTW, POSIX is not new to Windows. It's been there for over twenty years, ever since Windows NT. It was designed in by MS because POSIX-compliance has been a de-facto requirement of most government RFPs. That would prevent MS from selling Windows servers under government...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 cortana full screen pops up randomly on laptop

2. circle in the middle of screen windows