Windows 10: Cortana got worse with latest Windows Update?

Discus and support Cortana got worse with latest Windows Update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! 2 days ago I got the Windows 2004 update. I noticed that Cortana was then no longer available. Today she suddenly left again. I've noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StefanBraun159, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Cortana got worse with latest Windows Update?

Hello!

2 days ago I got the Windows 2004 update. I noticed that Cortana was then no longer available. Today she suddenly left again.

I've noticed that Cortana can do almost nothing now. If she always set a timer for me before, this (and much more) is no longer possible. In addition, I always have to make two clicks so that my aunt listens to me.

Is it just me?

:)

StefanBraun159, Jun 5, 2020

2. Cortana is not working fine

Hi,

For better understanding the issue let us know few details,

• Have you created any system restore point?

• Are you facing same issue on other user account?

As initial troubleshooting I request you to try below steps,

I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.

And also I suggest you to refer the below link and check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 5, 2020
  3. windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 5, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Cortana got worse with latest Windows Update?

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Cortana got worse with latest Windows Update?

1. Cortana got worse with latest Windows Update? - Similar Threads - Cortana got worse

2. The latest Windows 11 update is bad. Video is the worse I've ever seen it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest Windows 11 update is bad. Video is the worse I've ever seen it: Every video I try to watch since this latest beta update Build 260058_ge_release 240209-1555 is flat garbage. My videos on Youtube time out and simply don't load up anymore. They only buffer then time out...
  3. Windows Explorer just got worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer just got worse: All the folders like downloads, documents, etc just got hidden and to open them I need to start at the C: folder. Why the hell would microsoft remove the ability to pin them to the side of the explorer? Destroying their own product....
  4. Windows Explorer just got worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer just got worse: All the folders like downloads, documents, etc just got hidden and to open them I need to start at the C: folder. Why the hell would microsoft remove the ability to pin them to the side of the explorer? Destroying their own product....
  5. BSODs got way worse very quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs got way worse very quickly: I've been working on figuring out why Windows crashes for me recently. It's been a variety of factors since I got this PC and when I iron out a problem another one appears. It seems like this latest system update has escalated these issues dramatically. Two weeks ago I left...
  6. Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol: Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-true-that-windows-getting-worse-and-worse/021ce365-52b9-4239-a05a-ca1ac587fb82
  7. My issue got worse!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My issue got worse!: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljmz23/issues_when_starting_up_from_hibernating/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share So I made that post and thought it was fixed because for few days it acted normal when I wake it from hibernation. This time it stayed black...
  8. Windows 10 Your Phone app and Cortana just got better in the latest updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app and Cortana just got better in the latest updates: Microsoft is rolling out new updates to both Windows 10’s Your Phone app and Cortana (digital assistant). While Windows 10 Your Phone app is getting the ability to delete photos stored in your smartphone, Cortana is gaining support for a new File skill, which means it can now...
  9. computer got worse after a driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer got worse after a driver update: its now really slow and stuff, how would i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-got-worse-after-a-driver-update/383c11b6-083f-4294-88bf-da5410a93daa
  10. Bsod got worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod got worse: Hello, my laptop is not turning on after this error. I used to see this error almost every other day. I thought it's nothing serious.. I even don't see any battery light (on laptop) when I connect it with the charger. I really don't understand what's the main problem.. I...