Windows 10: Cortana has disappeared from task

Discus and support Cortana has disappeared from task in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana has disappeared from the task area and I don't know how to get her back. Can anyone help please ??... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DonaldWilliams3404, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Cortana has disappeared from task

Cortana has disappeared from the task area and I don't know how to get her back. Can anyone help please ??

:)

DonaldWilliams3404, Nov 16, 2018

2. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums ChemicalRage Cortana has disappeared from task :)

Does a new user account fix the problem? We can then identify if it's just the account or the whole computer feature of Cortana.

ellellell1, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Nov 16, 2018
  4. wdrs Win User

Cortana has disappeared from task

Disappearing Cortana

I had Cortana and loved her, but she then disappeared and even after reinstalling the Windows Pro 10 preview she has not reappeared. I know that she was not originally in the UK, but I am now on build 9926 and was advised that Cortana was now available, but she has mysteriously vanished, and I cannot even enter text into the search field.
    Any suggestions?

Thema:

Cortana has disappeared from task

1. Cortana has disappeared from task - Similar Threads - Cortana has disappeared

2. My task bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task bar has disappeared: My task bar has disappeared, I cannot access the Start menu to restart my computer, nor can I access the Settings menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-has-disappeared/c54cc87f-f13c-4e2f-95a0-e5f709800d13
  3. My task bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My task bar has disappeared: My task bar has disappeared, I cannot access the Start menu to restart my computer, nor can I access the Settings menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-has-disappeared/c54cc87f-f13c-4e2f-95a0-e5f709800d13
  4. Cortana disappeared

in Cortana
    Cortana disappeared: I installed a new Epson XP-6100 all in one printer. Cortana disappeared and I have not been able to find her to reinstall. Or, how to reinstall a new Cortana App. Thank you for any help. * Moved from MSN...
  5. Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

in Cortana
    Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager: I was so happy with my newly upgraded laptop...but something weird happened after a month... This happened last week when I tried to search paint on windows search bar...but it didn't even open... I thought the PC was a little slow so I shut it down... and next day same...
  6. Task Manager has disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager has disappeared: Task Manager has disappeared. When I type Task manager in the search box, and select the App, I get the following error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I own the PC, so I am the...
  7. The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but...

in Cortana
    The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but...: The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar I cannot search for anything. I used to just click on cortana and type in the file name. I do not have voice activation, but nothing happens now....
  8. Cortana disappeared

in Cortana
    Cortana disappeared: Cortana Suddenly stopped showing up anywhere. Its not visible in the search bar or in the settings page I have reset the app once, and tried to register and install it once more through Windows Powershell through this code: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers...
  9. Disappearing Cortana

Disappearing Cortana: I had Cortana and loved her, but she then disappeared and even after reinstalling the Windows Pro 10 preview she has not reappeared. I know that she was not originally in the UK, but I am now on build 9926 and was advised that Cortana was now available, but she has...
  10. Cortana just disappeared!

Cortana just disappeared!: Had an Update around Midnight last night and this Morning, I found Cortana has disappeared together with my reminders and no Microphone Symbol showing. Did anyone else have this problem? 16429