Windows 10: Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time.

Discus and support Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Although she has been working fine until today, (03/15/2021) Cortana suddenly cannot tell you the time, she cannot tell you the weather, she cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mikanojo, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time.

Although she has been working fine until today, (03/15/2021) Cortana suddenly cannot tell you the time, she cannot tell you the weather, she cannot even give a response to the sample questions in her popup window.

Her only response is

"Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one yet."

Clearing Windows caches and rebooting the system has had no effect.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit edition, 20H2

submitted by /u/Mikanojo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mikanojo, Mar 15, 2021

2. Cortana no longer tells me the time.

What changed recently with Cortana? Maybe it's coincidence but after the last device hub update Cortana no longer tells me the time when I ask "what time is it?" Instead I get Bing listings for Time magazine or a web site called time is. Any way to get
    that voice time back? I drive a truck and getting time and weather without touching my phone is a good thing.

KeithHarris1, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Cortana Off - Unable To Turn Cortana On

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to enable Cortana. I would suggest you to refer the discussion in the thread mentioned below which might give you the answer of your query.

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows
    10?

If you have Windows 10 pro installed then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Open Gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

Open an elevated command prompt and run: gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time.

Cortana

Hi,

A Windows service may be preventing you from enabling Cortana on your computer. Please answer a few things for us to know how we can deliver the best resolution to your concern:

• Do you get any errors when you switch on Cortana?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

See Sachin Venkatesh's suggestion on this
    page
    to enable Cortana on your computer.

Let us know if you're able to fix the problem after following the steps.

Come back if you need additional assistance.

Ruz San, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time.

1. Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time. - Similar Threads - Cortana has lost

2. Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.: We all know that Cortana was one of the smartest personal assistant several years ago. She could chat with you, tell you the weather tomorrow, add tasks to the to-do list. She could even sing a song! She provides the most personalized service by obtaining a large number of...
  3. Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.: We all know that Cortana was one of the smartest personal assistant several years ago. She could chat with you, tell you the weather tomorrow, add tasks to the to-do list. She could even sing a song! She provides the most personalized service by obtaining a large number of...
  4. Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.

in Cortana
  5. Cortana, today..... (I can't even ask her to set a alert with voice anymore)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana, today..... (I can't even ask her to set a alert with voice anymore): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeVraiRoiDHyrule [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e63pjw/cortana_today_i_cant_even_ask_her_to_set_a_alert/
  6. Has My Windows Lost Its Mind?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has My Windows Lost Its Mind?: Hello everyone. I recently updated my Windows 10 to version 1903. Afterwards my RAM speed decreased (or at least it seems so). I have 2x8 gb 3000 Mhz RAM. Before the update Task Manager showed its speed as 3000. Now it's 1500. Why is this so? 139435
  7. Cortana says "I'm sorry, something went wrong" even after telling her to remind me

in Cortana
    Cortana says "I'm sorry, something went wrong" even after telling her to remind me: Hello, There's a bug in Cortana (maybe on Windows 10 May 2019 Update). Steps to reproduce: 1. Say "Hey Cortana, remind me to get something at 10 AM." 2. An error message says: "I'm sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a little bit." This happens every time when...
  8. MICROSOFT HAS LOST THEIR MIND

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT HAS LOST THEIR MIND: Why is my windows 10 AUTOMATICALLY linking to my email account. I was never told this was going to happen. I would not buy a windows 10 computer had I known about this. I was never asked permission and I need some one to tell me how to delete, turn off, etc......
  9. Cortana: Has Microsoft given up on her?

in Cortana
    Cortana: Has Microsoft given up on her?: Since the introduction of Cortana with Windows 10 in 2014, Cortana has steadily become increasingly unstable and Microsoft has become less and less concerned with all of the users who are begging for help to get her working again, or in creating some kind of an update or...
  10. Cortana tells wrong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana tells wrong time: This seems simple, but I can't find any way to get it right. Cortana can't seem to tell me the right time. I live in Ypsilanti, MI. Somehow Cortana thinks I live in Ypsilanti Twp., ND. So when I ask her what time it is, she's giving me a time from the North Dakota time...