Windows 10: Cortana has started using Edge again....

Discus and support Cortana has started using Edge again.... in Cortana to solve the problem; Is anyone able to help out? It seems that Cortana has worked out how to stop using Google Chrome and is now deferring back to the "Highly recommended"*... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KyleBradburn1, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Cortana has started using Edge again....

Is anyone able to help out? It seems that Cortana has worked out how to stop using Google Chrome and is now deferring back to the "Highly recommended"* Edge browser.I was previously using edge-deflector to avoid using Edge. Having checked my "Choose default applications by protocol", I noticed that "MICROSOFT-EDGE" is now defaulting to "Microsoft Edge" and "Edge-deflector" is no longer an option. This is new since the latest windows update, does anyone have a way of allowing me to take back control of my OS? Or am I at the merciful hands of Microsoft anti-competition schemes?*apart from MS, is

:)

KyleBradburn1, Jan 27, 2022

2. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Start Menu, Cortana, Edge and sound

Hi Angel,

To facilitate your query, we'd like to ask these questions:

• When was the last time you were able to access Start Menu, Cortana, and Microsoft Edge?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?

Let us try the methods below and observe.

Method 1: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter.

Try this Start Menu Troubleshooter to automatically fix problem with Cortana and Start Menu.

Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM commands.

System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions

in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.

Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Cortana has started using Edge again....

Windows Start Menu will not function properly. Cortana and Edge are gone from my main page

I already posted that I used troubleshooter and it can't fix the system and says that Cortana and another file needs to be lroperly loaded. How does this OS go from working fine to losing Cortana, the start menu function, edge and others in a day? What a
    disaster!

Normal_user0121, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Cortana has started using Edge again....

1. Cortana has started using Edge again.... - Similar Threads - Cortana has started

2. Cortana has started using Edge again....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana has started using Edge again....: Is anyone able to help out? It seems that Cortana has worked out how to stop using Google Chrome and is now deferring back to the "Highly recommended"* Edge browser.I was previously using edge-deflector to avoid using Edge. Having checked my "Choose default applications by...
  3. Cortana has started using Edge again....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana has started using Edge again....: Is anyone able to help out? It seems that Cortana has worked out how to stop using Google Chrome and is now deferring back to the "Highly recommended"* Edge browser.I was previously using edge-deflector to avoid using Edge. Having checked my "Choose default applications by...
  4. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  5. Start menu, cortana and edge not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana and edge not working: So i have an msi laptop which has been amazing, i stopped using it for a while, decided id start it back up. I did a system refresh, removing everything so i could start fresh, set it all up and my start button doesn't work, so i reset and still nothing... i have watched so...
  6. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  7. Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!: Hi - I'm having trouble with windows on my Surface Pro. I'm using Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165). On my toolbar the following items are unresponsive to left clicks: Start Menu Cortana Any items in the far right corner (calendar, wifi, battery, etc)...
  8. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...
  9. Problem with Taskbar - Start button - Cortana - Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Taskbar - Start button - Cortana - Edge: Windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.192 I suddenly have a problem with the Task Bar when I can open all applications pinned on the Task Bar except Edge which gave me a "System Call Failed" error, Cortana does not work and the Start button only works when I right...
  10. Start Menu and Cortana Problems again!!!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu and Cortana Problems again!!!!: Hello Again Guys, I love Windows 10 but for me it's been the most unreliable O/S I've used and I go back to Windows 95 days. Microsoft took away the start menu we all loved in Windows 8, after 2 years we finally get it back but boy is it buggy. Basically I have had...