Windows 10: Cortana hears my commands but won't perform them.

Discus and support Cortana hears my commands but won't perform them. in Cortana to solve the problem; Any time I use Cortana, either through saying "hey Cortana" or using windows+c, it won't perform the action. I know that it hears me. It responds to my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RealElkGravy, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Cortana hears my commands but won't perform them.

Any time I use Cortana, either through saying "hey Cortana" or using windows+c, it won't perform the action. I know that it hears me. It responds to my voice, it types out what I said in the popup like it normally does. But it just won't perform the actions that I've used many times before. To make matters more confusing, it launched sticky notes once, but stopped again.

All the other similar complaints have been no help to me.

1. I've checked my microphone and it works perfectly fine.
    2. I've installed all updates.
    3. I've restarted my device.
    4. I've done every single thing that previous mods have suggested to fix the issue

This same problem has been happening to many people since at least 2018, why hasn't Microsoft done anything to fix this malfunctioning service? Adding picture of where Cortana stops functioning. Cortana hears my commands but won't perform them. 2519dd64-f196-4c06-be72-f98086cea553?upload=true.jpg

:)

RealElkGravy, Apr 13, 2020
  2. RajithR Win User

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi

I have the same problem and the proposed solutions have not helped.

Will appreciate any other solution to this problem.

NJInokotong, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Cortana hears my commands but won't perform them.

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Cortana hears my commands but won't perform them.

1. Cortana hears my commands but won't perform them. - Similar Threads - Cortana hears commands

2. My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.: I was playing Dead by Daylight when this happened. After I sent a bad message, I got suspended from sending messages. Now I can hear my friends but they can’t hear me. I need help with this please....
  3. Cortana Can’t Hear Me

in Cortana
    Cortana Can’t Hear Me: Cortana Can’t Hear Me When I try to use audio commands for Cortana, it does not work. See enclosed screenshots. What am I doing wrong? Jerry 5/12/17 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Cortana can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana can't hear me: Cortana can't hear me, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/bce75771-6b05-49fc-9bd0-c5aa1e267e16
  5. Cortana commands

in Cortana
    Cortana commands: Simple question: Can cortana even do something as simple as switching between open Apps? I mean, it can launch an app (but not close it ��‍♂️)… It can start playing music on a preferred player, pause music, and even pause and resume youtube videos.... But for the life...
  6. Cortana hears my question but will not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears my question but will not respond: Cortana hears and displays my question on the task bar but it doesn't respond - it shows the blue circle but doesn't give an answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-hears-my-question-but-will-not-respond/0e8289da-3aea-421c-bb66-0fd4ce7dc190"
  7. cortana does not hear me

in Cortana
    cortana does not hear me: I have two accounts on my PC. Cortana stopped hearing me on one account, but works fine on the other. I have no idea why and didn't change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-does-not-hear-me/8d052349-6995-4543-93e6-03e1fe881ed7"
  8. Cortana hears but does not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears but does not respond: I use Cortana to get stock prices so usually, for example when working correctly, I will ask; "Exxon stock price" and receive reply. Lately, I know Cortana hears because the words show up at bottom of screen but after several seconds Cortana responds "sorry I didn't get...
  9. cortana cant hear me

in Cortana
    cortana cant hear me: hey i have set up the mic and everything recently after an update cortana is turning on but not taking up what i say how do i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/289d8b7d-0395-47e5-8bd0-88651d427db8"
  10. Cortana cannot hear me

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot hear me: Hi, I built a new computer and all is good, except that Cortana cannot hear me. I have tried my headset mic and USB mic, both show levels when I speak, but Cortana cannot recognize my voice. I have the following: Windows 10 (all up-to-date) Asus RoG Strix X399...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana can hear me but wont answer

2. cortana wont respond

3. cortana doesnt hear commands

4. cortana listens but does not respond,
  5. cortana hears but does not issuse comands,
  6. why is cortana not answering my questions,
  7. why wont cortana answer me,
  8. cortana hears me but does not execute my command,
  9. cortana hears me but wont answer