Windows 10: Cortana hears my question but will not respond

Discus and support Cortana hears my question but will not respond in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana hears and displays my question on the task bar but it doesn't respond - it shows the blue circle but doesn't give an answer... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Annie2PQ, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Annie2PQ Win User

Cortana hears my question but will not respond

Cortana hears and displays my question on the task bar but it doesn't respond - it shows the blue circle but doesn't give an answer

:)

Annie2PQ, Nov 20, 2019

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
      Speakers/Headphones.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Cortana hears my question but will not respond

Cortana can't hear me

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.

Speakers/Headphones.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Cortana hears my question but will not respond

1. Cortana hears my question but will not respond - Similar Threads - Cortana hears question

2. Cortana Responds to my Question but never answers

in Cortana
    Cortana Responds to my Question but never answers: Hello: When I say "Hey Cortana", it starts Cortana and even displays my question, but then it just spins a circle above the question for about 4 seconds while it chimes, and then it just stops. Any ideas? Regards,...
  3. Cortana hears me but doesn't respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but doesn't respond: Cortana suddenly will not respond to me. If I say "hey cortana" it pops up and allows me to say something but then just spins and stops eventually. I've spent probably a total of 4-5 hours researching and attempting literally every solution I can find. I've even done system...
  4. Cortana can hear me, but still won't respond to any questions

in Cortana
    Cortana can hear me, but still won't respond to any questions: So when I say "Hey Cortana" or click the little Cortana icon, she pops up. As I am asking her a question, I can see the words across the bottom of the screen so obviously she hears me. After that, the little circle icon will either spin for a few minutes and close, or she'll...
  5. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  6. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  7. Cortana isn't responding to routine questions.

in Cortana
    Cortana isn't responding to routine questions.: Ever since latest update Cortana will open apps but won't respond to questions like "What's the weather". Response from Cortana is "I didn't catch that". According to Microsoft Chat agent it will be fixed in about a week. That is unacceptable. I will be switching to Google or...
  8. Cortana hears but does not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears but does not respond: I use Cortana to get stock prices so usually, for example when working correctly, I will ask; "Exxon stock price" and receive reply. Lately, I know Cortana hears because the words show up at bottom of screen but after several seconds Cortana responds "sorry I didn't get...
  9. cortana not responding to my questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cortana not responding to my questions: why wont cortana respond to my questions. thinking it had something to do with set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-responding-to-my-questions/b29d09fe-73b2-4292-b88b-0e68686ccc66
  10. Cortana giving me the silent treatment (Not hearing me, not responding)

in Cortana
    Cortana giving me the silent treatment (Not hearing me, not responding): Cortana won't respond to me nor will she talk, no matter what i do. She really isn't a personal assistant anymore, just a search bar sitting on my taskbar. If I press the mic icon, I don't even get the chance to say anything before the "Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana hears but doesnt respond

2. cortana can hear me but wont answer

3. cortana hears me but doesnt respond

4. cortina can hear but does not respond,
  5. Cortanana can hear me but doesnt respond to my questions?,
  6. I can not hear cortanas answers