Windows 10: Cortana Help - how to go to open programs

Discus and support Cortana Help - how to go to open programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just been playing with Cortana commands and I can open programs fine, like word and excel, but I would like to be able to go directly to an open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by webmasterasaa, Oct 22, 2018.

1. webmasterasaa Win User

Cortana Help - how to go to open programs

I have just been playing with Cortana commands and I can open programs fine, like word and excel, but I would like to be able to go directly to an open program - one that is already open by saying go to word, but this just opens another word window. Is this possible?

Cheers,
    John.

:)

webmasterasaa, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Monica Cam Win User

Cortana won't open programs

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you trying to use Voice command to open programs in Cortana?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to use Cortana? If so, kindly provide us the exact error message.
    • Have you tried searching the program by typing it manually from Cortana?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Corduroy_Jr Win User
    help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

Cortana won't open programs

Hi,

There's a possibility that a software conflict occurs when trying to open a program using Cortana. Since you've already tried the solutions above, we recommend that you reinstall Cortana as an additional troubleshooting. To do this follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt window by typing cmd in the search bar, then right-click and choose
      Run as administrator.
    • Type start powershell, then press Enter.
    • Run this command, then press Enter: Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if your concern has been resolved.

Louie Del, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana Help - how to go to open programs - Similar Threads - Cortana Help open

2. Cortana Help - how to go to open programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Help - how to go to open programs: I have just been playing with Cortana commands and I can open programs fine, like word and excel, but I would like to be able to go directly to an open program - one that is already open by saying go to word, but this just opens another word window. Is this possible? Cheers,...
  3. GO TO OPENER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GO TO OPENER: Gentili amici di Microsoft, Quest oggi mi sono imbatutto in un bel caso di Phising. Ho acceso il mio bel PC e quando ho aperto Google un aggiornamento mi ha mandato in palla il PC, in automatico e partita l assistenza pop-up e vocale di Microsoft dove mi consigliava di...
  4. How stop Cortana opening Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How stop Cortana opening Edge: I thought I just read this recently? I looked but no luck. I have Google Chrome as my default browser. However, when I do a search using Cortana, and click one of the web results, it will open my Edge Browser? How do I get Cortana to open web results using google...
  5. Cortana opening websites

Cortana opening websites: On the other account on my PC if i type something like golf.com it will open directly to it, but on my account it brings me to a bing web search. How do i get it to open directly to the website? 10352
  6. cortana help

cortana help: can you get cortana to search for files, open applications and shut down or restart the computer? if so what are the commands for these actions? 4294
  7. Need Help with Cortana

Need Help with Cortana: Hello, I have a question on how to fix this. I have a Logitech Vx Revolution mouse and whenever I move the mouse, left click, or do any activity with it Cortana pops up. I thought maybe it was just the mouse, so I took it and plugged it into my dad's computer but it doesn't...
  8. Cortana help

Cortana help: Hi all, Well today when I click on "Search Windows" on the taskbar it does nothing. If I right-click and select "Search" it does nothing. Yet Cortana continues to run in Task Manager and runs at 30% cpu. I tried disabling Cortana and still have Search working with tutorial...
  9. Need Help with my mouse opening Cortana

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help with my mouse opening Cortana: Hello. I've recently gotten a Logitech VX Revolution and for some odd reason everytime i move the mouse or left click or do ANYTHING Cortana pops up. I've tested this on another computer to see if the same thing happened but it didn't. Is there something wrong with my...
  10. Help opening programs w/ java

Help opening programs w/ java: For some reason my computer runs .jar files with LightRoom. I just downloaded java. I selected a forge program for Minecraft to run it using java instead of LightRoom but when I try to Open With another program I don't see java. Help please. [img] [img] My ultimate goal is...