Windows 10: Cortana Help - how to go to open programs

Discus and support Cortana Help - how to go to open programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just been playing with Cortana commands and I can open programs fine, like word and excel, but I would like to be able to go directly to an open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by webmasterasaa, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Cortana Help - how to go to open programs

I have just been playing with Cortana commands and I can open programs fine, like word and excel, but I would like to be able to go directly to an open program - one that is already open by saying go to word, but this just opens another word window. Is this possible?

Cheers,
    John.

:)

webmasterasaa, Oct 22, 2018

2. Cortana won't open programs

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you trying to use Voice command to open programs in Cortana?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to use Cortana? If so, kindly provide us the exact error message.
    • Have you tried searching the program by typing it manually from Cortana?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Oct 22, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

Cortana Help - how to go to open programs

Cortana won't open programs

Hi,

There's a possibility that a software conflict occurs when trying to open a program using Cortana. Since you've already tried the solutions above, we recommend that you reinstall Cortana as an additional troubleshooting. To do this follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt window by typing cmd in the search bar, then right-click and choose
      Run as administrator.
    • Type start powershell, then press Enter.
    • Run this command, then press Enter: Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if your concern has been resolved.

Louie Del, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Help - how to go to open programs

1. Cortana Help - how to go to open programs - Similar Threads - Cortana Help open

2. How to open Cortana ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to open Cortana ???: How to get permission from administrator to open Cortana??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-cortana/956c1492-7694-4ac9-b95f-f8b892d899a4
  3. Cortana is going nuts!

in Cortana
    Cortana is going nuts!: My Cortana is pretty dumb since the new windows 10 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad, I love the old one, but the new one, it's so dumb it can only tell you a joke! Could you please bring the old Cortana back in the next update? Thanks so so so much! P.S: Can you also tell me...
  4. How to leave Cortana Beta Program

in Cortana
    How to leave Cortana Beta Program: How to leave Cortana Beta Program? And install Cortana release https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-leave-cortana-beta-program/314830e2-e76b-4a0e-94f9-0d4f550d3f07
  5. Cortana won't open programs

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open programs: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. After that I open some apps from cortana. And after that I also updated cortana applications. After that I can't open apps from cortana...
  6. Cortana wont open programs anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wont open programs anymore: Windows 10 home version 1909. All of a sudden Cortana won't open programs it used to. When I ask her to open something I get a "Something went wrong, Please try again later". It used to work fine. She'll do some things but opening programs she used to just doesnt work...
  7. Cortana No onger Opens Programs

in Cortana
    Cortana No onger Opens Programs: All of a sudden, with no changes that I have made, Cortana will not open programs, it functions normally otherwise, what can I do to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-no-onger-opens-programs/540ea9fd-6830-4f9c-8b12-ef09cf18e7ab"
  8. Newly opened programs automatically go to the back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly opened programs automatically go to the back: Hi, I've tried Googling my issue but I think due to me having difficulty on describing my problem, I'm not able to find a solution. Basically, any time I open a new program and try to access it via the Taskbar, it automatically disappears and hides behind any other programs...
  9. Cortana Help - how to go to open programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Help - how to go to open programs: I have just been playing with Cortana commands and I can open programs fine, like word and excel, but I would like to be able to go directly to an open program - one that is already open by saying go to word, but this just opens another word window. Is this possible? Cheers,...
  10. Need Help with my mouse opening Cortana

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help with my mouse opening Cortana: Hello. I've recently gotten a Logitech VX Revolution and for some odd reason everytime i move the mouse or left click or do ANYTHING Cortana pops up. I've tested this on another computer to see if the same thing happened but it didn't. Is there something wrong with my...