Windows 10: Cortana in Skype

Discus and support Cortana in Skype in Cortana to solve the problem; My brother did not realise that a Skype upgrade had built-in Cortana until he got his first suggestion "Ring Mum". It so happens that our mother died... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by pedroparkes, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Cortana in Skype

My brother did not realise that a Skype upgrade had built-in Cortana until he got his first suggestion "Ring Mum". It so happens that our mother died peacefully seven years ago but what might have been the effect if she had died suddenly yesterday and in traumatic circumstances. For a son or daughter to get this sort of message in the midst of shock and grief, it could be the thing that tipped them over the edge into heaven knows what.

Who in Microsoft could have possibly thought that a suggestion like this was a good or even appropriate idea. Big Data companies who stray into these highly personal areas with no heed to the consequences arising from the fact that they do not actually know everything about us (yet!!) deserve all the opprobrium that will come in their direction.

We now have identified where we can disable these suggestions in profile settings and I suggest that everyone does the same to avoid such risky messages.

Perhaps a Microsoft moderator would like to get involved with this discussion.

:)

pedroparkes, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing Cortana in Skype

Source: Introducing Cortana in Skype - Microsoft's intelligent assistant comes to your chat window | Skype Blogs

Brink, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Skype Cortana

Hi there Rita,

I believe if you take a look at the following article this will give you the steps you need to opt out of using cortana within Skype

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34775/how-ca...

However if you do have troubles with this please let me know!

Thanks

Jordan Langford, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Cortana in Skype

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Cortana in Skype

1. Cortana in Skype - Similar Threads - Cortana Skype

2. Updating Cortana is giving a 0x80073CF1 error while Skype and Xbox in-game experience are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Cortana is giving a 0x80073CF1 error while Skype and Xbox in-game experience are...: As a follow up issue to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/install-button-does-nothing-only-for-pso2-ngs-cbt/65d6abb6-1508-485a-90b0-66ad2ae773aaIt turns out there's another thing still broken: Trying to update Cortana...
  3. Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone: Hello Community...... Ever since the Windows 10 Update 19042.906, my microphone is not accessible for any of the meeting apps. Under Control Panel --> Sound --> Recording, I can see that the microphone is sensing noises , but none of the Apps can. So essentially, I am not...
  4. Cortana won't open apps once I asked cortana to open skype she said Sorry but for the time...

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open apps once I asked cortana to open skype she said Sorry but for the time...: Its saying that wait let me show you [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-apps-once-i-asked-cortana-to/027b3dc7-dcd1-48dd-a5e3-9ddcba6a601c
  5. Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen

in Cortana
    Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen: The microphone works fine in Recordings Windows Store native app and in Zoom, but it doesn't work in Skype and Cortana. When I used it for the last time, in the end of June, it worked fine in Skype. When I opened Skype yesterday, it asked me to login and the microphone didn't...
  6. Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer?

in Cortana
    Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer?: I had Skype connected to Cortana through linked accounts until 2 weeks ago. Now it is not working anymore. The issue I have is that when I click on Skype and try to add it I get an error and when I have asked different support people they say skype calling using Cortana is no...
  7. Skype Cortana

in Cortana
    Skype Cortana: I am not aware that I agreed to have Cortana put on to my skype and definitely do not need it. I am a pensioner and only use skype to contact a couple of old friends and I find the comments during my conversations with them quite distracting. Please advise how I can remove...
  8. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK: Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all. skype - microphone not work at all also. microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone...
  9. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK: Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all. skype - microphone not work at all also. microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone...
  10. Introducing Cortana in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Cortana in Skype: Conversation is central in our everyday lives. We chat to stay in touch, to share news and ideas that excite us, and to make plans for getting together with family and friends. But we often find ourselves in need of information—a fact to share, a place to meet, a movie time,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortona and skype