Windows 10: Cortana in the UK

Discus and support Cortana in the UK in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stuarttunstall, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Cortana in the UK

Hi

Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct?

Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad

Stuart

:)

stuarttunstall, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Stewart_R Win User

Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

Cortana in the UK WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

Cortana in the UK a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cortana isn't showing up on my laptop. REGION -UK

Hi karan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open windows / settings
    • Select time & language settings
    • Open region and language
    • Set Country & region to "UK"
    • Add Language "English UK" and set as default by clicking on "English UK", "Set as default"
    • Click on "English UK" and select "options"
    • Install Language pack, and speech pack
    • Click on " SPEECH" in the menu and select "ENGLISH UK"
    • Then enable Cortana from the search box / settings

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Cortana in the UK

Cortana 'unavailable in your area' but I'm in the UK

Hi,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

To make the Cortana work in UK, you should set the default language and speech settings to UK. You are not able to change the speech settings to English UK because you have not downloaded the speech packs for the English UK.
    I suggest you to check the language and speech settings in Cortana by following below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Time and language and select
      region and language.

• Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.

• If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.

• Select your preferred language (English UK) and click on
      Set as default under English UK language.

• Now, click on English UK and click on
      Options.(Under Languages)

• Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.

• Now, click on Speech from the
      Time and language
      settings menu.

• Check if you are able to select the speech settings to
      English UK.

• After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.
    I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by the
    mickapw in below thread and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Cortana is "unavailable in my country" and am unable to turn on. I am in the UK using English UK.

Cortana is "unavailable in my country" and am unable to turn on. I am in the UK using English UK.

Reference: If you are facing any issue with Cortana, then you may refer to the following Microsoft Help article to fix the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Cortana in the UK

1. Cortana in the UK - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. End of support for Cortana

End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  7. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  8. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  9. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  10. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...