Windows 10: Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything."

Discus and support Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything." in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Cortana doesn't seem to have access to a microphone or something. I've tried going thru all the audio settings, used videos and forums for reference. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brauxljo, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything."

Cortana doesn't seem to have access to a microphone or something. I've tried going thru all the audio settings, used videos and forums for reference. I posted the question on the Microsoft community forums and nothing suggested worked. Anyone had this problem and found a solution?

submitted by /u/Brauxljo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brauxljo, Feb 29, 2020

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Jesrael Bor, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything."

Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything."

1. Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything." - Similar Threads - Cortana instantly says

2. The Microsoft Translator App says "I could not hear anything"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Microsoft Translator App says "I could not hear anything": The Microsoft Translator App says, "I could not hear anything". Spanish to English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-translator-app-says-i-could-not-hear/aec0891f-7de6-4fbe-84c3-715f3fbbd9bb
  3. The Microsoft Translator App says "I could not hear anything"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft Translator App says "I could not hear anything": The Microsoft Translator App says, "I could not hear anything". Spanish to English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-translator-app-says-i-could-not-hear/aec0891f-7de6-4fbe-84c3-715f3fbbd9bb
  4. The Microsoft Translator App says "I could not hear anything"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. A weird problem that I couldn't find anything about it on the Internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A weird problem that I couldn't find anything about it on the Internet.: Hello everyone, I have a problem and I need your help, I will try to make it short as much as I can. My problem is when I start my PC if I don't type my PIN and login fast or if I don't touch anything the PC just goes to something like sleep mode (but it's not), the...
  6. Cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything" even before I speak a word.

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything" even before I speak a word.: I recently set up Cortana but I get no response when I say "Hey Cortana". Then I clicked on the mic icon in the search bar at the bottom left and before I even start talking cortana says "Sorry about that, I didn't hear anything". I checked my mic by trying to record...
  7. Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything"

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything": I am using windows 10 home single language I am facing this issue whenever I am going click microphone logo on Cortana search box to say something it immediately says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything" ,I tried checking microphone set up then using microphone I...
  8. When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this"

in Cortana
    When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this": When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this" what should I do? Cortana has been permitted to access calendar....
  9. why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear...

in Cortana
    why cortana not working. whenever i open it shows "sorry about that i didn't hear...: [ATTACH] this is problem, how to solve this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-not-working-whenever-i-open-it-shows/afb7f6f7-1465-4f3c-816b-72e07822d613
  10. Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything: This is Toshiba Windows 10 Laptop, During the morning after a failed update, i went to see some videos and i couldn't hear anything. I checked if my sound was on, it was on and on the max. It says it's broadcasting sound, but i can't hear anything. I tried Unistalling the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana says sorry about that i didnt hear anything