Windows 10: Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely

Discus and support Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Rumors have been circulating for a while that Microsoft is planning to incorporate its personal digital assistant, Cortana, into the next major version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely

Read more at: http://www.zdnet.com/cortana-integra...ly-7000032503/

Brink, Aug 10, 2014
  2. Phone Man Win User

Looks like I will get Cortana on my Desktop before I get it on my Verizon phone. (Still Under Testing) If Cortana is an app I wonder if it will work on Windows 8.1 Desktop?

Jim

:)

Phone Man, Aug 10, 2014
  3. My company e-mail address and password will not work while setting up Cortana, even tho' the verbiage says 'any' Microsoft account.

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

Q. Is the ability to integrate Cortana with Office 365 now available to all Office 365 customers? What does someone need to have in order to try it out?

A. The requirements for you to be able to preview Cortana integration with Office 365:

• Your company needs to select the First Release option in the Office 365 Admin Center
    • You need to be enrolled in the Windows Insider Program and running Windows 10 preview bits.
    Also, please note that Cortana is only available in select languages and markets today. Please check the
    Windows Insider Program site for more information.

We suggest you to refer the link below for more information:

Link:
    https://blogs.office.com/2015/06/29/an-early-look-at-cortana-integration-with-office-365/

hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 10, 2014
  4. Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely

Cortana + Office 365 HOME or Personal

Hello Kathy,

The integration of Cortana on Office apps is only available in Office 365 for Business. Cortana integration requires specific administrative access that is only available with Office 365 Admin Center which is part of Office 365 for Business. You can check
    this
    page
    for more information about the Cortana integration with Office 365.

We understand that you would like to use the functionality of Cortana with Office apps in order to increase productivity. That being said, we recommend submitting your feedback to the
    Office 365 UserVoice. Make sure to revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback
    item. We would also like to ask you to post back the URL of your feedback. (It will look like
    Customer Feedback for Microsoft Office 365<unique> link)

Feel free to post back if you have questions about other Microsoft services.

Devlin Sco, Aug 10, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Darn; just another thing to learn how to use. . .*Smile

6. LittleJay Win User
    Glad to hear it is just an App and not part of the OS, as I personally wouldn't have any use for it.

LittleJay, Aug 11, 2014
  7. this is one item in 9 I am looking forward to

doubt I would speak to it, but typing into it could make things easier instead of opening apps and adding items

paulsalter, Aug 11, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

Cortana is basically a glorified text-to-speech and vice-versa feature. Most of the replies you get is a Bing search results. Though telling Cortana to set up your calendar, etc. is very cool but I don't see myself talking alone. Cortana is great for mobile devices especially when you are driving. But yeah, it's nice to have it on Desktop.

badrobot, Aug 19, 2014
  9. Well I've just upgraded my Windows phone to 8.1 but it doesn't have Cortana as apparently this is only in the US at the moment.

Joan Archer, Aug 19, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    change your language and region to US. That's what I did here in Toronto.

badrobot, Aug 20, 2014
  11. strollin Win User
    Cortana would need to be substantially more capable than Siri or Google Now before I would be interested. My opinion on these types of apps is that they're fun to play with for a few minutes but are not really useful in the long run.

strollin, Aug 20, 2014
  12. Cortana for UK is coming in the first update to 8.1, currently available as developers preview, from what I recall it's due to be released about October time

paulsalter, Aug 20, 2014
  13. Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely

Thanks, just hope my provider allows it. *Smile

Joan Archer, Aug 20, 2014
  14. Vladimir Win User
    Cortana on my phone... Surely !
    Cortana on my desktop... Maybe

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely - Similar Threads - Cortana integration 'Threshold'

2. Cortana updates Integration issues

in Cortana
    Cortana updates Integration issues: Dear Microsoft community ! Cortana can recognize the wake up command and can help to surf on browser. The problem to do task such as command : set an alarm , remind me, open app , launch app is not working properly. I have updated the window 10 and the current version is 21H2...
  3. Cortana updates Integration issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana updates Integration issues: Dear Microsoft community ! Cortana can recognize the wake up command and can help to surf on browser. The problem to do task such as command : set an alarm , remind me, open app , launch app is not working properly. I have updated the window 10 and the current version is 21H2...
  4. Cortana and Connected Home Insteon: It looks like your device is unauthorized

in Cortana
    Cortana and Connected Home Insteon: It looks like your device is unauthorized: I've been using Cortana on Windows 10 devices, Android phones, and Invoke Speakers to control my Insteon smart home switches for years and it's always worked great. However, for the last couple of weeks when asking Cortana to do a smart home command I'll get a "it looks like...
  5. Cortana and Todo Integration

in Cortana
    Cortana and Todo Integration: Our house uses Cortana for maintaining our lists. Until recently, she has worked great with groceries, shopping items, general todo, etc. Sometime recently, Cortana's lists split from the Todo app's lists. Cortana's lists still has some of the original items but any new items...
  6. Cortana integration with Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana integration with Chromium Edge: Is there any plans to ship this feature to the Chromium Edge?? submitted by /u/soufiane60 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/diric3/cortana_integration_with_chromium_edge/
  7. Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.: so ive had my windows PC for over a year and for that time i've had cortana disabled (for obvious reasons) but i got spotify premium a bit ago and now im trying to connect it to cortana so i can just yell out for it to change a song and such. so i've linked my account with...
  8. Looking for more memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for more memory: I want to buy & install more RAM in my PC. I currently have 16 gigs (8x2) and want to maximize it to 64 gigs. I guess that means I gotta get four 16gig sticks. I looked at Newegg and found these Crucials for around $500. Crucial 64GB CT4K16G4DFD8266 - Newegg.com Tomorrow is...
  9. How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This: I have just about everything about Cortana disabled but I cannot get it to look like or behave like on my other computer. I cannot recall what changes I made but I am pretty sure it was not a registry hack. Any suggestions welcome. TIA. I want Cortana to look like this:...
  10. An early look at Cortana integration with Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    An early look at Cortana integration with Office 365: Office 365 is about helping you be more productive so you can make the most of every moment. We believe the future of productivity involves technology that is truly personal and can work on your behalf. This belief is a driving force behind Microsoft’s personal digital...