Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely

Discus and support Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Rumors have been circulating for a while that Microsoft is planning to incorporate its personal digital assistant, Cortana, into the next major version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more at: http://www.zdnet.com/cortana-integra...ly-7000032503/

Brink, Aug 10, 2014
  2. Phone Man Win User

Looks like I will get Cortana on my Desktop before I get it on my Verizon phone. (Still Under Testing) If Cortana is an app I wonder if it will work on Windows 8.1 Desktop?

Jim

:)

Phone Man, Aug 10, 2014
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    My company e-mail address and password will not work while setting up Cortana, even tho' the verbiage says 'any' Microsoft account.

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

Q. Is the ability to integrate Cortana with Office 365 now available to all Office 365 customers? What does someone need to have in order to try it out?

A. The requirements for you to be able to preview Cortana integration with Office 365:

• Your company needs to select the First Release option in the Office 365 Admin Center
    • You need to be enrolled in the Windows Insider Program and running Windows 10 preview bits.
    Also, please note that Cortana is only available in select languages and markets today. Please check the
    Windows Insider Program site for more information.

We suggest you to refer the link below for more information:

Link:
    https://blogs.office.com/2015/06/29/an-early-look-at-cortana-integration-with-office-365/

hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 10, 2014
  4. Devlin Sco Win User

Cortana + Office 365 HOME or Personal

Hello Kathy,

The integration of Cortana on Office apps is only available in Office 365 for Business. Cortana integration requires specific administrative access that is only available with Office 365 Admin Center which is part of Office 365 for Business. You can check
    this
    page
    for more information about the Cortana integration with Office 365.

We understand that you would like to use the functionality of Cortana with Office apps in order to increase productivity. That being said, we recommend submitting your feedback to the
    Office 365 UserVoice. Make sure to revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback
    item. We would also like to ask you to post back the URL of your feedback. (It will look like
    Customer Feedback for Microsoft Office 365<unique> link)

Feel free to post back if you have questions about other Microsoft services.

Devlin Sco, Aug 10, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Darn; just another thing to learn how to use. . .*Smile

6. LittleJay Win User
    Glad to hear it is just an App and not part of the OS, as I personally wouldn't have any use for it.

LittleJay, Aug 11, 2014
  7. paulsalter Win User
    this is one item in 9 I am looking forward to

doubt I would speak to it, but typing into it could make things easier instead of opening apps and adding items

paulsalter, Aug 11, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

Cortana is basically a glorified text-to-speech and vice-versa feature. Most of the replies you get is a Bing search results. Though telling Cortana to set up your calendar, etc. is very cool but I don't see myself talking alone. Cortana is great for mobile devices especially when you are driving. But yeah, it's nice to have it on Desktop.

badrobot, Aug 19, 2014
  9. Joan Archer Win User
    Well I've just upgraded my Windows phone to 8.1 but it doesn't have Cortana as apparently this is only in the US at the moment.

Joan Archer, Aug 19, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    change your language and region to US. That's what I did here in Toronto.

badrobot, Aug 20, 2014
  11. strollin Win User
    Cortana would need to be substantially more capable than Siri or Google Now before I would be interested. My opinion on these types of apps is that they're fun to play with for a few minutes but are not really useful in the long run.

strollin, Aug 20, 2014
  12. paulsalter Win User
    Cortana for UK is coming in the first update to 8.1, currently available as developers preview, from what I recall it's due to be released about October time

paulsalter, Aug 20, 2014
  13. Joan Archer Win User

Thanks, just hope my provider allows it. *Smile

Joan Archer, Aug 20, 2014
  14. Vladimir Win User
    Cortana on my phone... Surely !
    Cortana on my desktop... Maybe

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely - Similar Threads - Cortana integration 'Threshold'

2. Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?: Earlier this evening I shared some of my photos from Windows Photos to Instagram through the share --> instagram option. Now that's gone. It turns out to be impossible to access the Windows Photos app library from the Instagram app, so the other route does not work either. It...
  3. Windows mail

Windows mail: I can't verify my email address to support because I can't open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail/26fa4899-ceda-4716-a740-6a91ac3ec452
  4. windows 10 mail app

windows 10 mail app: My windows mail app does not open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-mail-app/07ef5d8a-a07f-4cfd-b930-3ff5cbf33e41
  5. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  6. Windows 10 April Update black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April Update black screen: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds then the screen turns black. I had to downgrade to the Fall creators update as a result. Is this because of the graphics...
  7. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...
  8. Hp pavilion won't access windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp pavilion won't access windows 10: Hello i need help my hp Pavilion which cost me a lot of money and i just got it a little over a month ago is telling me that it cant access windows 10 and i have no idea how to fix it and everything ive tried hasnt worked is there any way to contact an employee that can walk...
  9. Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color: The printer makes copies in color. In Windows 10 settings on my HP laptop, there is no option to select color. In "printing preferences" the paper/quality section only gives a an option labelled "print in grayscale"....
  10. Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone: I updated my computer, and was on the phone for 45 minutes with a rep while we reset my entire system. I went into the Device Manager and looked under Human Interface Devices, and apparently my touchscreen driver is missing. Where can I download the touchscreen driver...