Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely

Discus and support Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Rumors have been circulating for a while that Microsoft is planning to incorporate its personal digital assistant, Cortana, into the next major version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more at: http://www.zdnet.com/cortana-integra...ly-7000032503/

Brink, Aug 11, 2014
  2. Phone Man Win User

Looks like I will get Cortana on my Desktop before I get it on my Verizon phone. (Still Under Testing) If Cortana is an app I wonder if it will work on Windows 8.1 Desktop?

Jim

:)

Phone Man, Aug 11, 2014
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    My company e-mail address and password will not work while setting up Cortana, even tho' the verbiage says 'any' Microsoft account.

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

Q. Is the ability to integrate Cortana with Office 365 now available to all Office 365 customers? What does someone need to have in order to try it out?

A. The requirements for you to be able to preview Cortana integration with Office 365:

• Your company needs to select the First Release option in the Office 365 Admin Center
    • You need to be enrolled in the Windows Insider Program and running Windows 10 preview bits.
    Also, please note that Cortana is only available in select languages and markets today. Please check the
    Windows Insider Program site for more information.

We suggest you to refer the link below for more information:

Link:
    https://blogs.office.com/2015/06/29/an-early-look-at-cortana-integration-with-office-365/

hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 11, 2014
  4. Devlin Sco Win User

Cortana + Office 365 HOME or Personal

Hello Kathy,

The integration of Cortana on Office apps is only available in Office 365 for Business. Cortana integration requires specific administrative access that is only available with Office 365 Admin Center which is part of Office 365 for Business. You can check
    this
    page
    for more information about the Cortana integration with Office 365.

We understand that you would like to use the functionality of Cortana with Office apps in order to increase productivity. That being said, we recommend submitting your feedback to the
    Office 365 UserVoice. Make sure to revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback
    item. We would also like to ask you to post back the URL of your feedback. (It will look like
    Customer Feedback for Microsoft Office 365<unique> link)

Feel free to post back if you have questions about other Microsoft services.

Devlin Sco, Aug 11, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Darn; just another thing to learn how to use. . .*Smile

6. LittleJay Win User
    Glad to hear it is just an App and not part of the OS, as I personally wouldn't have any use for it.

LittleJay, Aug 11, 2014
  7. paulsalter Win User
    this is one item in 9 I am looking forward to

doubt I would speak to it, but typing into it could make things easier instead of opening apps and adding items

paulsalter, Aug 11, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

Cortana is basically a glorified text-to-speech and vice-versa feature. Most of the replies you get is a Bing search results. Though telling Cortana to set up your calendar, etc. is very cool but I don't see myself talking alone. Cortana is great for mobile devices especially when you are driving. But yeah, it's nice to have it on Desktop.

badrobot, Aug 19, 2014
  9. Joan Archer Win User
    Well I've just upgraded my Windows phone to 8.1 but it doesn't have Cortana as apparently this is only in the US at the moment.

Joan Archer, Aug 20, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    change your language and region to US. That's what I did here in Toronto.

badrobot, Aug 20, 2014
  11. strollin Win User
    Cortana would need to be substantially more capable than Siri or Google Now before I would be interested. My opinion on these types of apps is that they're fun to play with for a few minutes but are not really useful in the long run.

strollin, Aug 20, 2014
  12. paulsalter Win User
    Cortana for UK is coming in the first update to 8.1, currently available as developers preview, from what I recall it's due to be released about October time

paulsalter, Aug 21, 2014
  13. Joan Archer Win User

Thanks, just hope my provider allows it. *Smile

Joan Archer, Aug 21, 2014
  14. Vladimir Win User
    Cortana on my phone... Surely !
    Cortana on my desktop... Maybe

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely - Similar Threads - Cortana integration 'Threshold'

1. Survey suggests Cortana will be more desired than ever in enterprise market

in Windows 10 News
    Survey suggests Cortana will be more desired than ever in enterprise market: A new survey conducted by Pindrop suggests that Microsoft’s Cortana has picked up in the battle for voice in the enterprise segment, and it will soon rival Amazon and Google in business use. Microsoft is finally getting the traction among enterprises, and the momentum is...
  2. Windows 10 pro 1803: Turn off Cortana in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro 1803: Turn off Cortana in: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  3. Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana: Hi guys, How can I change my default 'Calendar' app to use my Outlook 2016? So that when say "Hey Cortana", she can make appointments to my calendar managed by Outlook 2016? Thanks 19343
  4. An early look at Cortana integration with Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    An early look at Cortana integration with Office 365: Office 365 is about helping you be more productive so you can make the most of every moment. We believe the future of productivity involves technology that is truly personal and can work on your behalf. This belief is a driving force behind Microsoft’s personal digital...
  5. Microsoft drops plans to integrate Cortana with Dynamics 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft drops plans to integrate Cortana with Dynamics 365: Microsoft has dropped plans to integrate its Cortana personal digital assistant with its Dynamics 365 ERP/CRM services. Microsoft officials made the announcement about the discontinuation in a very short blog post on January 5, as first noted by MSDynamicsWorld.com. The...
  6. New Content, Cortana Integration and More Coming in Xbox Summer Update

in Windows 10 News
    New Content, Cortana Integration and More Coming in Xbox Summer Update: Today, Mike Ybarra, Director of Program Management for Xbox outlined the new features coming to Xbox this summer as part of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Beginning this summer, Xbox One and the Xbox app on Windows 10 will receive the first of two updates that will...
  7. Cortana Gets Even Smarter with Power BI Integration

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana Gets Even Smarter with Power BI Integration: As your truly personal digital assistant, we’re enabling Cortana to call upon other services to help you get things done. You’ve seen us work with third parties like LinkedIn and Microsoft services like Office 365 to bring you an even richer Cortana experience. Today, we’re...