Windows 10: Cortana interface problem

Discus and support Cortana interface problem in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello all, Can we close interface of Cortana? I want to use it just with voice. Example; i'm on a fullscreen game, when i say "Hey Cortana", it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NihatA, Feb 2, 2019.

1. NihatA Win User

Cortana interface problem

Hello all,

Can we close interface of Cortana? I want to use it just with voice.

Example; i'm on a fullscreen game, when i say "Hey Cortana", it minimizes game. I don't want that.

Is there any way i can use it as what i want?

:)

NihatA, Feb 2, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Cortana interface problem

cortana problem

Hi Muhammad,

What happens after that, do you get any error message? I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if it starts.

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    Also restart the PC to fix the issue. Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Cortana interface problem

1. Cortana interface problem - Similar Threads - Cortana interface problem

2. Interface / Theme / problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interface / Theme / problem: How can i fix this ugly interface of windows 11 .I've an inserted an image of kindly look through it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/interface-theme-problem/fe36e22a-6264-42dd-a105-1866a331b577
  3. Interface / Theme / problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interface / Theme / problem: How can i fix this ugly interface of windows 11 .I've an inserted an image of kindly look through it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/interface-theme-problem/fe36e22a-6264-42dd-a105-1866a331b577
  4. problems with audio interface

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with audio interface: hi, I have a problem with my audio interface (Behringer u-phoria UMC22), I can only listen to audio, but my mic doesn't work (or the other way around in some occasions). I have tried; - plugging it in another USB port, - removing and reinstalling drivers/ USB controllers,...
  5. Language Interface Problem

Language Interface Problem: [ATTACH] I have just clean installed Windows 10 Pro 20H2 and right after installation, I changed the system language to Indonesian. Then, I installed some updates and let the system settle down for a bit. However, after I restarted the PC, the Settings app, Start menu, and...
  6. Problem with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problem with Cortana: It stopped working. I cannot start it. How can I fix Cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cortana/07028e39-4df9-49d8-b001-aab71f1b3e68
  7. Audio interface problems

Audio interface problems: I just got a apogee one audio interface, and when I start recording in Streamlabs after a while the microphone (shure sm58) stops outputting audio. But the wierd part is that Apogee’s software still shows mic activity. This happens on all applications. submitted by...
  8. Interface Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interface Problem: Ever since being forced to use office 365, I have been getting headaches on a regular basis. One source of the headaches would be the jumpiness and constant movements on the screen. Hovering over objects with the mouse can cause certain things to be hi-lited and windows to...
  9. Problems with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problems with Cortana: Hi. Cortana freezes and does nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-cortana/41f34c76-42d5-48fa-b7f5-d46d21310762"
  10. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Problem: When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate Hey Cortana. I can't figure out how to change that, and get my real name in there. 3794

Users found this page by searching for:

1. issues with cortana after update