Windows 10: Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

Discus and support Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it. in Cortana to solve the problem; So I installed my microphone than I clicked on Cortana to activate it with Her and all she gives me is loop as you see in the screenshot Cortana tells... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Koolbreeze4201, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

So I installed my microphone than I clicked on Cortana to activate it with Her and all she gives me is loop as you see in the screenshot Cortana tells me to goto speech I go there and it's already turned on so I turned it off restarted and turned it back on and she still gives me the same damn link. So now shes tuck in a loop and is useless to me. What really gets me is this is a brand new install only about 36 hours old.When I click on the Speech in her window on the left she gives me the Speech link I click it it brings me to the speech windows on the right and this is a loop now because it

:)

Koolbreeze4201, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 3, 2022
  3. Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Nov 3, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

Windows 10 Pro, Cortana does not seem to exist, Language Correct?

Hi, Changing the language completely and successfully is a several stage process, not as straightforward as you might think or hope.

You are correct that Cortana doesn't look right- when properly configured there should be 6 buttons down the left side.

I would suggest you first try reverting to the default language settings and see if Cortana works, so as to prove nothing else is broken. Having done that, check Settings, General and make sure 'Some settings are managed by your organisation' is not displayed.

Once you have got Cortana working, create a disk image (everyone should use disk imaging so as to be able to restore their system to a previously working state without technical help - e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage).

Now try changing your language. This requires also downloading the speech language and at least one other item, and setting your location appropriately. Cortana should indicate that things need to be done to keep it happy.

Finally, try searching Settings. If you haven't completed all the steps you may find you get 'Search results aren't quite ready yet' or similar.

Maybe this will improve in the Anniversary edition.. I hope so, but have seen no comment yet.

If you are struggling with this, I'd suggest you reset the language settings to default, and wait for the anniversary upgrade, rather than spending time trying to fix Cortana or do an in-place upgrade repair, for example, which will reset your language to default.

dalchina, Nov 3, 2022
Thema:

Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

1. Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it. - Similar Threads - Cortana broken install

2. Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.: So I installed my microphone than I clicked on Cortana to activate it with Her and all she gives me is loop as you see in the screenshot Cortana tells me to goto speech I go there and it's already turned on so I turned it off restarted and turned it back on and she still...
  3. Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is broken on a new install and i Have no idea how to correct it.: So I installed my microphone than I clicked on Cortana to activate it with Her and all she gives me is loop as you see in the screenshot Cortana tells me to goto speech I go there and it's already turned on so I turned it off restarted and turned it back on and she still...
  4. I have no idea how this happened.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have no idea how this happened.: I don't know if this is a question I should ask for microsoft support or what category it is, because I have never heard any information about my problem after I reinstall my systemwhich I do maybe once a half year I dont know what I clicked when I start to format the...
  5. I have no idea how to stop this virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have no idea how to stop this virus.: So I believe a backdoor got installed on my computer and Windows said it stopped it but I dont think it did. A bunch of files have been created and TrustedInstaller is admin on all of them. I reset my computer and the files are still being made. I also see programs running on...
  6. I have no idea . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no idea . . .: I don't know why? But, I see no icon's, on my desktop? I have a slideshow running. I see that OK If, I click on, the little yellow box, on the taskbar. All access. I see everything. On the left side, I see the desktop. I open it, and I see everything. Movies, Videos,...
  7. Cortana Idea

in Cortana
    Cortana Idea: So I was playing rocket league and when I said "Hey Cortana" She opened as per usual the only problem was that when she popped up my mouse went off the window and for me to keep playing I had to re click the game window to be able to move again I have double monitor so my...
  8. i have an idea

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have an idea: Hi Good day I have an idea for a few PCs to monitor without increasing the thickness of the PC The idea is to become more productive if it becomes a product because they are less likely to use Alt+Tab and are heavily used by those who use Alt+Tab when working with a personal...
  9. Cortana broken

Cortana broken: Hey Guys and Gals, I have a windows 10 pro system and about 2 weeks ago sfc /scannow found corruption and could not fix it. I then ran multiple Dism commands and DISM fixed the corruption. But now Cortana is being dumb and stops letting me type searches and displays black...
  10. My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...

My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...: See above … says it all Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-which-i-used-to-talk-to-cortana/3aec8755-a8db-42fa-a45b-08d6b06c39d3