Windows 10: Cortana is Completely off my computer

Discus and support Cortana is Completely off my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cortana has been removed from my laptop, any help would be much appreciated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DylanRanjan, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Cortana is Completely off my computer

Cortana has been removed from my laptop, any help would be much appreciated

:)

DylanRanjan, Aug 19, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cortana is Completely off my computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Cortana is Completely off my computer

Cortana not working

Hello Shubham,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access Cortana on your computer.
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Cortana for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Cortana is Completely off my computer

1. Cortana is Completely off my computer - Similar Threads - Cortana Completely off

2. Get OneDrive the $%^$ off my computer completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get OneDrive the $%^$ off my computer completely: I am absolutely thoroughly pissed off right now. I have uninstalled this pos program and it's still f#$%ing up my whole computer. I cannot find a single resource that walks me through all the **** I need to go through to get rid of it so my computer JUST WORKS!Do not tell me...
  3. Get OneDrive the $%^$ off my computer completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get OneDrive the $%^$ off my computer completely: I am absolutely thoroughly pissed off right now. I have uninstalled this pos program and it's still f#$%ing up my whole computer. I cannot find a single resource that walks me through all the **** I need to go through to get rid of it so my computer JUST WORKS!Do not tell me...
  4. Get OneDrive the $%^$ off my computer completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana wont turn off my computer anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana wont turn off my computer anymore: Probably the only voice command i use with Cortana. Now she wont turn off my computer anymore "Im sorry I cant turn off this device." This worked for years. But recently cortona stopped working entirely until i signed into my microsoft account (why is this required now?) and...
  6. I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.: Whenever I click the shut down option, it proceeds to say “shutting down” as usual, but it doesn’t turn off completely. The monitor goes dark, as it should, but the processor fan stays on as well as the LEDs if I had them turned on and the power button, the one you use to...
  7. How can I shut off Cortana completely

in Cortana
    How can I shut off Cortana completely: I don't want to use Cortana nor Edge. I shut them off but they must be running because when I clean my temporary files there are plenty of temporary files being produced. What if I used Regedit and deleted every file named Edge and Cortana....
  8. Computer won't turn off completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't turn off completely: My HP Hewlett-Packard EliteBook Laptop isn't shutting down completely. I held down the power button to initiate shutdown, the screen went black and the fans turned off but the power LED light is flashing white and orange. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. WiFi has been completely deleted off my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi has been completely deleted off my computer: To start off - I have no idea how this happened and I have been scouring the internet for a solution. I've downloaded drivers, done a "refresh", updated windows etc. Just wondering if anyone could help me with this. Attached are images of my current situation. Thanks...
  10. Cortana off

in Cortana
    Cortana off: I want Cortana off or deleted. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-off/f74577ba-c458-403e-8b1b-1e5b39698bba"