Windows 10: Cortana is disabled by company policy????

Discus and support Cortana is disabled by company policy???? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is what greets me when I attempt to wake cortana. Where is the "company policy" set? I checked and did the manual enable of Cortana per one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by billpool, Dec 1, 2015.

1. billpool Win User

Cortana is disabled by company policy????

This is what greets me when I attempt to wake cortana. Where is the "company policy" set? I checked and did the manual enable of Cortana per one of the tutorials but even though I've done this I still get that "company policy" message. This is my own Windows 10 PRO system and I am the "company" where do I find this setting? Please help. Thanks for listening,

bill*Mad

:)

billpool, Dec 1, 2015
  2. dmaxwe22 Win User

'Cortana is disabled by company policy'

I have the same problem and have frustrations about this.

My notebook computer Cortana works fine. The desktop computer does not allow Cortana for the above mentioned reason related to company policy. The message is strange and does not help troubleshoot the problem.

I have the same request. If the language service is the issue, how can I do the suggested changes if English US is already chosen and there is no option to download the speech data?

One clue: I logged in with my work domain associated with Office 365 when first upgrading my computer to Windows 10. Since then the computer has been associated with a work account.

However, I also created a local account that is not associated with anything online and made this person administrator but still no go. Cortana cannot work.

I also edited the Group Policy for search allowing Cortana but that didn't help. (Local Group Policy Editor).

Stuck. Not happy.

dmaxwe22, Dec 1, 2015
  3. 'Cortana is disabled by company policy'

Original Title: Sachintha Silva

'Cortana is disabled by company policy.' (in Windows 10 Pro)

I tried every cortana region coverage.

Still same!

Why? & How to Fix?

Sachintha Lakshan Silva, Dec 1, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this has been encountered by a number of people. I think it happened to me thru messing around with privacy settings. I ended up taking the sledgehammer approach and restoring a disk image (Aomei Backupper) before this happened.

So- do you have system restore enabled? Can you use a restore point before it happened?
    Do you use disk imaging? (Everyone should.. to avoid crises, tears, frustration...). (Macrium Reflect Free, Aomei Backupper Free). Strongly recommended by everyone with any experience here.

Have a look at this for a lengthy discussion which I posted in a thread on this topic in forum:
    Cortana is disabled by company policy?

Please also advise your history- was it working previously- what might have happened that led to this. Thanks.

Good luck..

dalchina, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Cortana is disabled by company policy???? - Similar Threads - Cortana disabled company

2. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: Unless Microsoft can provide the kind of user interface that enables folks to STOP Cortana and STOP updating Defaults, it will be the last time I purchase a system with Windows; I will move to the superior OSes of some version of Linux. You folks should be ashamed and you...
  3. Disable Cortana

in Cortana
    Disable Cortana: Cortana has taken over my laptop and I can not do anything. I need this pathetic product disabled or removed. Please advise how I do this this a Windows 10 Home version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/a7ec5941-7d8a-4721-a6e6-6edc9aabda4c
  4. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how do i completely disable cortana it is impacting gaming performance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/15b8d1d0-32ed-4a18-891b-86b51d1b151b
  5. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana in WIndows 10? I don't use it. When I click on "end task" in the task manager, it does NOT stay off. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/1e6d20dd-06a1-4365-86cb-d11a28c89742
  6. Disable Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana. I have unchecked everything in settings but the darn thing carries on to interrupt! Win 10 Home version 1903. Simple and detailed instructions please. 161565
  7. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how can I disable cortana completely when I play a game it pops up in task manager and takes a little cpu and it hangs my game a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/d7fd4128-6c0d-438c-a556-34ca7b7c38ed
  8. Disabling Cortana

in Cortana
    Disabling Cortana: Until today, my taskbar "search box" did not use Cortana. Sometime today, perhaps following an update, it is using Cortana and I have not been able to figure out how to disable it. . I want the search box which previously was delivering local results. . So I would like to...
  9. "Cortana disabled by company policy"

"Cortana disabled by company policy": This suddenly came on my PC, despite it being a home PC that I have full admin over - even MS can't figure it out. Any takers? 42542
  10. Disable Cortana??

Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467