Windows 10: Cortana is going nuts!

Discus and support Cortana is going nuts! in Cortana to solve the problem; My Cortana is pretty dumb since the new windows 10 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad, I love the old one, but the new one, it's so dumb it can only tell you... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Abderahmane_HADDADOU208, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Cortana is going nuts!

My Cortana is pretty dumb since the new windows 10 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad, I love the old one, but the new one, it's so dumb it can only tell you a joke! Could you please bring the old Cortana back in the next update?

Thanks so so so much!

P.S: Can you also tell me what it can do in this version? I have no idea what to ask other than, tell me a joke, because it says that it can't do anything!

:)

Abderahmane_HADDADOU208, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Cortana is going nuts!

windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Cortana is going nuts!

1. Cortana is going nuts! - Similar Threads - Cortana going nuts

2. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  3. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  4. Windows 10 1909 going nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 going nuts: Recently my gaming laptop started getting 100% HDD usage which also affected performance greatly(PC is slow on cold boot,5 second delay to exit steam update window, 4 seconds to swipe up lock screen) but even at 100% usage it gets fast for short amount of time but most of the...
  5. Windows turning on and the fan going absoloutly nuts

Windows turning on and the fan going absoloutly nuts: this might be a one time thing but eh. 2nd time posting here too, i am really shit at tech :( anyways, about an hour ago after turning on my pc from sleeping it takes a while to turn on the monitor, after a couple minutes windows says that my driver didn't respond and it...
  6. Bluetooth refuses to work (going nuts)

Bluetooth refuses to work (going nuts): I’m about to go crazy. A couple weeks ago my Bluetooth started having issues. Whenever I have headphones connected they randomly disconnect. Sometimes they work for a couple hours, sometimes they drop after 5 minutes. I was using a crappy usb dongle, so I bought a new one...
  7. I'm Going Nuts - Adaptive brightness

I'm Going Nuts - Adaptive brightness: To make this simple Adaptive brightness is off (registry, intel control panel, option not showing up in power options. This all started today. It sucks. I am on an Acer laptop. The problem only occurs when my laptop is plugged in. When it's on battery it works fine. Every...
  8. Windows go nuts when need to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows go nuts when need to update: This is just a simple question, about a thing that i see for a long time, in lots of computers since windows 10. The this is: Why windows became nuts when an update is ready to install? This is what happens to me, not all at the same time, but usually most of the...
  9. Audio Software Missing or am I going nuts?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Software Missing or am I going nuts?: I got a satellite speaker setup (some $50 setup with a sub) for my laptop (ASUS 2 in 1). In the past I'd plug in my speakers and I would get a prompt to select some audio presets (this is NOT Realtek HD audio manager, it was something else) All I remember is it had a...
  10. System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%: I assume that might be the indexing service but i took some screenshots [img] [img] Second time [img] 74713