Windows 10: Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

Discus and support Cortana is gone in win 10 1809 in Cortana to solve the problem; So for some reason cortana i guess got uninstalled by something. And i cant get it back.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dario Copic, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

So for some reason cortana i guess got uninstalled by something. And i cant get it back.

:)

Dario Copic, Jan 2, 2022

2. cortana notebook icon gone

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

The above issue may occur due to improper application settings set on the PC.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if the issues fixes.

Method 1: In order to enable the Notebook icon in
    Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

• To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:
    • Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/99a6fc79-1119-4ca3-bc19-71d12d264567

Method 2: No microphone icon showing in Cortana.

You does not see a microphone on launching Cortana because the settings is turned off in your profile. Turning Cortana settings on will show the microphone icon in your user account.

To turn on the Cortana settings, follow steps from Hey Cortana! Section of the link below and check if the changes are effective.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query regarding windows, we would assist you happily.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 2, 2022
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 2, 2022
  4. Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

1. Cortana is gone in win 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Cortana gone 1809

2. Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is gone in win 10 1809: So for some reason cortana i guess got uninstalled by something. And i cant get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-gone-in-win-10-1809/08ae4df0-c332-46fa-82e2-5e9a26ed3c5a
  3. Cortana is gone in win 10 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is gone in win 10 1809: So for some reason cortana i guess got uninstalled by something. And i cant get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-gone-in-win-10-1809/08ae4df0-c332-46fa-82e2-5e9a26ed3c5a
  4. Cortana Is gone

in Cortana
    Cortana Is gone: My Cortana disappeered it is not in my apps either i Looked online but i got no answer that would work can someone help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-gone/e6bf00cc-e2a8-461b-8a57-25d2dc30967c
  5. Cortana gone?

in Cortana
    Cortana gone?: Hi there, I try to activate Cortana on my Surface Book 3, but without success. I tried all the tipps on the internet, even tried to reinstall Cortana. But nothing works out. Windows 10, Latest updates. Any hints? Win + s does not open Cortana no Cortana Setting in...
  6. Win 10 Pro 10.0.17763.348 (1809) File Explorer Status Bar is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro 10.0.17763.348 (1809) File Explorer Status Bar is gone: File explorer status bar has disappeared. I've tried scannow and dism, tried "repair upgrade", then repeated. I also checked ALL valuers of "ShowStatusBar" in the registry - all are set to "1"....
  7. After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser

in Cortana
    After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser: I upgraded to 1809 a few days ago on three computers. Tried Cortana today, and it will not open any links. It used to open in IE, or more recently, Edge. I have IE 11 (and it is activated in windows features), Edge, and my default is Firefox. I can't find a setting that...
  8. Reinstall Win 10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10 1809: I did a clean install of Win 10 1809 at the beginning of October, when it was first released. Of course, then it was pulled and now it is released again. Now that it has been re-released, is it best to do another clean install, or would the new cumulative update be just as...
  9. win 10 ver 1809 now gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 ver 1809 now gone: I installed win 10 ver1809 when it became available. A few days later, my computer reverted back to version 1803 without any input from me. Is this done by MS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-ver-1809-now-gone/7c04fea9-5a0d-445b-8e00-e01f3701ad83
  10. Cortana gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana gone: Did the anniversary update and it removed Cortana, Microsoft support is useless . it is still in the all app list but when i click on it all i can do is search windows files 58794