Windows 10: cortana is listening to me when my microphone allowence is off..

Discus and support cortana is listening to me when my microphone allowence is off.. in Cortana to solve the problem; i was going to search on bing something so i thought ill deactivate cortana's microphone allowence and turned off hey cortana (because i always... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by shawn mendes, Dec 5, 2018.

1. cortana is listening to me when my microphone allowence is off..

i was going to search on bing something so i thought ill deactivate cortana's microphone allowence and turned off hey cortana (because i always acitdentally say hey cortana all the time..).ok after that my sister came and asked "can you search something on bing?" i said yes and then i forgot that i turned off cortana's microphone allowence then i used cortana and it was clearly reading my voice. this was the creepy part. please dose anybody have any ideas for this solution?

:)

shawn mendes, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Snakiest Win User

Change the microphone Cortana is listening to

Hi,

• I have 2 microphones - a usb headset and a webcam.
    • I want to KEEP the USB HEADSET as the Default Communication Device, but
      I want Cortana to listen to my WEBCAM MICROPHONE instead.

How can I do it?

Thanks!

Snakiest, Dec 5, 2018
  3. CORTANA IN LISTEN MODE

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand you have issues with Cortana in the Listen mode. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 5, 2018
  4. cortana is listening to me when my microphone allowence is off..

Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

cortana is listening to me when my microphone allowence is off..

1. cortana is listening to me when my microphone allowence is off.. - Similar Threads - cortana listening microphone

2. when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen: My microphone works but when I call some one I speck, I listen to my word but the receiver does not listen. Please can you help me out with this problem?...
  3. when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen: My microphone works but when I call some one I speck, I listen to my word but the receiver does not listen. Please can you help me out with this problem?...
  4. when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”

in Cortana
    Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”: Hello community, I am having trouble with Cortana on my laptop because it doesn’t let me use my voice to control Cortana. I have been trying my best with Cortana’s settings and it says to adjist cloud settings. Please help me....
  6. Cortana not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana'

in Cortana
    Cortana not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana': Since the past few days Cortana on my device is not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana'. I have checked all the microphone settings and all the required permissions to Cortana are been given. I went on to check the Cortana settings and under the ' Talk to Cortana ' option I...
  7. Cortana stops listening

in Cortana
    Cortana stops listening: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 64 bit. All Windows updates are in place. Problem is that Cortana stops listening after a fraction of a second and says that she did not hear anything. Microphone works OK with Zoom and other programs. Regards, Barry...
  8. Why Cortana not listen to me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Cortana not listen to me?: I try to say something to her but she doesn't listen to me, help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-not-listen-to-me/9c96098a-f72b-4316-bc3e-40fa3326e28e
  9. Cortana Not Listening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Not Listening: [ATTACH] So all of a sudden, Cortana can't wake up when I say "Cortana" went to check it out, and this popped up. I've tried all Diagnostics, they just keep loading.... pls help. Oh, and my laptops microphone array works just fine when I click to open Cortana and click the...
  10. Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone: Hello ten forums I've been having this issue for over 2 years now. So I originally had a a-10 7870k and a msi a68-hm e-33 motherboard with ballistic ram and a r7-370x graphics card. I had windows 10 installed on that machine and was experiencing the same BSOD I am now. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Set Cortana listen to only me