Windows 10: Cortana is live with voice, but its not on my setting. it keeps saying if I ask it a...

Discus and support Cortana is live with voice, but its not on my setting. it keeps saying if I ask it a... in Cortana to solve the problem; any one with with a answer... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TonyGOG, Sep 2, 2020.

1. TonyGOG Win User

Cortana is live with voice, but its not on my setting. it keeps saying if I ask it a...

any one with with a answer

:)

TonyGOG, Sep 2, 2020

2. Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Enable voice recognition in Cortana Windows 10

Hi Dolores,

To set up Cortana to respond to voice/speech, follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on the Search box to open Cortana.
    • Click on the Settings button.
    • Change the value to On under Hey Cortana.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 2, 2020
  4. RajithR Win User

Cortana is live with voice, but its not on my setting. it keeps saying if I ask it a...

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Cortana is live with voice, but its not on my setting. it keeps saying if I ask it a... - Similar Threads - Cortana live voice

2. No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!: I’m trying to enable voice activation for Cortana but when I go into settings the option for Cortana isn’t there submitted by /u/DueOscar1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqxheu/no_voice_activation_setting_for_cortana_need_help/
  3. Cortana keep asking me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana keep asking me.: After reinstalling my Windows 10 Home SL, my Cortana keeps asking me for Online speech recognition permission. Can you help me pls? *I can't see Cortana on category selection*[ATTACH]...
  4. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  5. Why does voice recorder keep asking me to set up a microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does voice recorder keep asking me to set up a microphone: When I go to settings sound input and choose an input device from the drop down box, I test the input device and the blue bar moves as I speak. However, when I choose Voice Recorder off the Start menu, it tells me I need to set up a microphone. It appears that my microphones...
  6. my cortana voice not working

in Cortana
    my cortana voice not working: my cortana voice not working how solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-voice-not-working/61908486-0874-41ce-a02a-1bf9a9d75818
  7. Cortana keeps saying the temperature in Fahrenheit

in Cortana
    Cortana keeps saying the temperature in Fahrenheit: I'm trying to change Cortana's temperature to Celsius. I went into the notebook and changed the temperature unit there to Celsius, the temperature shows correctly in the window, but Cortana still speaks it in Fahrenheit. Any way to change this? I seem to be missing...
  8. Cortana, today..... (I can't even ask her to set a alert with voice anymore)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana, today..... (I can't even ask her to set a alert with voice anymore): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeVraiRoiDHyrule [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e63pjw/cortana_today_i_cant_even_ask_her_to_set_a_alert/
  9. Cortana's voice

in Cortana
    Cortana's voice: What do I need to do to access Cortana's voice on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortanas-voice/22a2bf5d-66d1-49a6-a0f1-9b9d0dff6e61"
  10. Cortana's Voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana's Voice: So I asked Cortana if I could change her voice. She replied that her voice was the only available for my region. I wanted a mail voice, not her female voice. Even Apple's Siri lets you select alternate voices. Thoughts? But the way, Cortana seems to work pretty well....