Windows 10: Cortana is missing from my computer

Discus and support Cortana is missing from my computer in Cortana to solve the problem; I initially had Cortana in my computer, but it is gone now. There is only a "search" option where "Cortana" should be, when I right click the task... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SYW0RKS, Feb 24, 2019.

1. SYW0RKS Win User

Cortana is missing from my computer

I initially had Cortana in my computer, but it is gone now.

There is only a "search" option where "Cortana" should be, when I right click the task bar.

I also only have a 3 bar icon when I open the Start menu, rather than the different icons including Cortana access.

How can I reactivate Cortana?

Region: US

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1803

Build: 17134.590

:)

SYW0RKS, Feb 24, 2019

2. Cortana - notebook icon missing

Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. option not turn on

Biswajit samal, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Cortana is missing from my computer

Cortana not working

Hello Shubham,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access Cortana on your computer.
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Cortana for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Cortana is missing from my computer

1. Cortana is missing from my computer - Similar Threads - Cortana missing computer

2. Cortana Missing

in Cortana
    Cortana Missing: My Laptop Cortana is missing any ideas pls ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-missing/92d293bb-d5d4-4441-91f0-42d69425d6d9
  3. Cortana is completely missing from my computer and I can't figure it out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana is completely missing from my computer and I can't figure it out.: I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver1909 (osver18363.1016) and Cortana is completely missing. There are no settings references that allows me to enable it. If I do Win-S to open up search and type in Cortana a tab in the system settings called "Cortana-permissions*" show up, but...
  4. my cortana search box is missing from box

in Cortana
    my cortana search box is missing from box: cortana search box missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-search-box-is-missing-from-box/7ba3f66a-1b4e-4ef8-8a95-07f66a2f7fc2
  5. Missing Cortana

in Cortana
    Missing Cortana: My PC restarted itself without telling me and then it took time to reboot to my desktop. Now what i dont see is cortona button missing. I am sure windows have done something to this. How can i get that button back?...
  6. Cortana is missing!

in Cortana
    Cortana is missing!: Previously I was using a windows pirated version, now I have upgraded to a genuine version. Now I am trying to access cortana on my new OS, but I am unable to do so. The icon is missing and I tried right clicking on an empty taskbar, still I couldn't find any option. Please...
  7. Cortana Missing from PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Missing from PC: Hello! I was looking to set up Cortana and use voice commands on my PC, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not hidden in the taskbar or anything like that. When I look under all apps, it's not even under there. In the Cs I have Calculator and Connect, but no Cortana. I ran a...
  8. Cortana Missing From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Missing From Start Menu: Hello, I have tried everything! For some reason, Cortana is not on my start menu or one of my pinned tiles. Not sure how to get it back on there. Therefore Cortana's search bar is also missing, which was super convenient for me. Can someone please tell me how to pin...
  9. cortana is missing

in Cortana
    cortana is missing: i cannot find cortana anywhere on my system at all, so i can not activate her. can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-missing/39068d54-b536-49ca-82d3-9ae49a166640"
  10. Cortana is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is missing: I don't have the icon for Cortana When I right click on the task bar I do not see the option for Cortana so I am unable to turn the icon on Searching settings doesn't help How do I turn Cortana on? I am using 1903 18323.1 126232