Windows 10: Cortana is not able to launch applications. Is anyone else facing this problem?

Discus and support Cortana is not able to launch applications. Is anyone else facing this problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/S0uvik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaqu4p/cortana_is_not_able_to_launch_applications_is/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/S0uvik, Aug 16, 2020.

1. /u/S0uvik Win User

Cortana is not able to launch applications. Is anyone else facing this problem?

/u/S0uvik, Aug 16, 2020

2. cortana problem after the update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are facing problem with Cortana on your PC.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Cortana's regions and languages

Also perform these steps and check:

1. Click on Cortana icon on the taskbar and sign in with your Microsoft Account
    2. If you still receive the same message, go to Microsoft Store and search for Cortana.
    3. Click on the Get button, and install the update from the Store
    4. Launch Cortana, sign into it.

If the issue persists then reinstall/re-register Cortana.

1. Press Windows + X key and click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Copy and paste the below command and press Enter key:
    Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Restart the PC and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Cortana is not able to launch applications. Is anyone else facing this problem? - Similar Threads - Cortana able launch

2. problem launching the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem launching the application: Hello, I am having an issue with 'Microsoft .NET Framework' on my computer. Could you please assist me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-launching-the-application/1bd2e5ef-145e-483c-ba60-15581e3563fb
  3. problem launching the application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem launching the application: Hello, I am having an issue with 'Microsoft .NET Framework' on my computer. Could you please assist me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-launching-the-application/1bd2e5ef-145e-483c-ba60-15581e3563fb
  4. problem launching the application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. problem i face in cortana

in Cortana
    problem i face in cortana: dear microsoft, please give me an update about cortana because i have these issues cortana cannot hear me hwen i call 3 to 4 times it wakeswhen i ask cortana to search a web or to open an app it is showing"I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."im having a genuine copy of...
  6. Anyone else facing this problem? Personalized settings not responding and windows explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else facing this problem? Personalized settings not responding and windows explorer...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DogeTasticKid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpmcra/anyone_else_facing_this_problem_personalized/
  7. Why is Cortana able to launch some applications and not others?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Cortana able to launch some applications and not others?: I'm just wondering why Cortana is able to launch, say, clementine music player or Audacity but not say trelby or MultiCommander? Is there any way to make Cortana aware of additional applications? submitted by /u/Leo_Grun [link] [comments]...
  8. Problem facing with Cortana and search

in Cortana
    Problem facing with Cortana and search: I am attaching 2 screenshots without writing a lot. Two irritating problems that I faced in this version 1809 are Cortana doesn't listen to me. just showing like the photo and after 1/2 second closed down. I have tested "listen to the device" that works fine when I search...
  9. Anyone else getting Cortana spam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else getting Cortana spam?: This started two days ago: Whenever I click on the taskbar search box, Cortana pops up, as always; but now, instead of just showing my local weather, there is a message, "Get Cortana on your phone", with links for Android, Windows Phone, and iPhone. [img] I tried a...
  10. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...