Windows 10: Cortana is not working after windows update it's saying "Sorry but for the time being, I am...

Discus and support Cortana is not working after windows update it's saying "Sorry but for the time being, I am... in Cortana to solve the problem; my Cortana v 2.21028653.0 responds to opening outlook, calculator, and setting reminders. I have tried reinstalling, troubleshooting, setting change... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by paggy2310, Mar 19, 2021.

1. paggy2310 Win User

Cortana is not working after windows update it's saying "Sorry but for the time being, I am...

my Cortana v 2.21028653.0 responds to opening outlook, calculator, and setting reminders.

I have tried reinstalling, troubleshooting, setting change everything still it's saying that "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."

:)

paggy2310, Mar 19, 2021

2. cortana not working

Hi Karamvir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the Cortana is not working in Windows 10.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

• Do you get any error message on Cortana?

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Make sure that Cortana is enabled:

Click on the Taskbar search box, click Settings icon, and then make sure that the option labelled Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more is turned ON.

Turn on Location

• Click on Start and select Settings, navigate to Privacy > Location.

• On the right-side, under Location, you will see On if the location is enabled for this device.

• And, if the location for this device is not enabled, please click the Change button, and then move the slider to on position.
    Install all Windows Updates

Most of the issues are fixed by installing Windows Updates make sure that your system is up-to-date.

Type Windows Updates in search bar and select Check for updates from the results.

If updates are available, try installing them and check.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Cortana only works for a few minutes then seems like it times out.

Hi Elaine,

To help you with your issue with Cortana, we suggest that you try disabling and enabling it again with the steps provided by
    John Ado on this
    thread

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Cortana is not working after windows update it's saying "Sorry but for the time being, I am...

Cortana is not working fine

Hi,

For better understanding the issue let us know few details,

• Have you created any system restore point?

• Are you facing same issue on other user account?

As initial troubleshooting I request you to try below steps,

I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.

And also I suggest you to refer the below link and check.

Fix problems with the Start menu

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Cortana is not working after windows update it's saying "Sorry but for the time being, I am...

1. Cortana is not working after windows update it's saying "Sorry but for the time being, I am... - Similar Threads - Cortana working update

2. Cortana says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."

in Cortana
    Cortana says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.": Hi people, Can someone help me playing spotify songs through cortana? I use the cortana app from the Microsoft Store, and when I try to play a song it says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." I thought I can solve it from this tab but the I get this error. Anyone...
  3. cortana say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.

in Cortana
    cortana say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.: my windows version is 20H2 and i have updated latest version of cortana but it say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.please say how i fix it andthere are no notebook on cortana....
  4. Cortana "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that.": When i open Cortana using voice command it opens and when i ask to open Excel, OneNote, Word or anything else it only say "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."Cortana Version: 2.2103.17603.0Pls tell me what can i do i have already checked tutorials on...
  5. Cortana not working "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." after Windows update 20H2

in Cortana
    Cortana not working "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." after Windows update 20H2: Hi, I just updated my windows and Cortana doesn't work. I can't set reminders, open spotify etc. "I'm sorry but I can't help with that." At the beginning she was totally not working, but I manage to change that. "Sorry, but Cortana is not available in English United Kingdom...
  6. I am sorry !!!!! virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am sorry !!!!! virus: [ATTACH]Recently a virus infected all my JPG files and wrote down each picture I am Sorry !!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-sorry-virus/b62aa90f-673b-4d94-89f5-8e5763cbf6ef
  7. Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything"

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything": I am using windows 10 home single language I am facing this issue whenever I am going click microphone logo on Cortana search box to say something it immediately says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything" ,I tried checking microphone set up then using microphone I...
  8. When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this"

in Cortana
    When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this": When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this" what should I do? Cortana has been permitted to access calendar....
  9. Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana instantly says "Sorry about that, I couldn't hear anything.": Cortana doesn't seem to have access to a microphone or something. I've tried going thru all the audio settings, used videos and forums for reference. I posted the question on the Microsoft community forums and nothing suggested worked. Anyone had this problem and found a...
  10. Cortana only does one thing....she says " Sorry I didn't get that "

in Cortana
    Cortana only does one thing....she says " Sorry I didn't get that ": Cortana only does one thing....she says " Sorry I didn't get that " seems like this started happening after an update but im not sure the old cortana screen was half the size as the new cortana screen, what can i do?...