Windows 10: Cortana is not working , it happened way before after my windows updated to 1709 , still...

Discus and support Cortana is not working , it happened way before after my windows updated to 1709 , still... in Cortana to solve the problem; so basically Cortana is not working anymore if I click on the mic either one of those two options will happen: 1.it will say "click here to make sure... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EzzedineOzone, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Cortana is not working , it happened way before after my windows updated to 1709 , still...

so basically Cortana is not working anymore if I click on the mic either one of those two options will happen:

1.it will say "click here to make sure Cortana can hear you" so I do so and then the troubleshooter detects that my mic is set up so then I set it up, come back to Cortana and it will say the same thing and then I will keep repeating the whole prosses and still same problem

2.sometimes it just freezes then I can't use the search bar for like 40 seconds after

this problem is really weird and I want a solution because I like using assistance on my devices since they help a lot

specs :

windows 10 64 bit

intel i5 5500u 2.2ghz 4 cores

HDD 1tb

Geforce 920m

4gb ram ddr3

the problem started showing after the update "1709" and I still haven't found a fix for it, if u need any more info just reply to this,

all help is appreciated

p.s i tried using sfc/scannow and the all the scan things (i don't know what to call them they just are in cmd/Powershell) and none of them worked

thanks

-Ezzedine

:)

EzzedineOzone, Nov 8, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Vlada011 Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

That's completely distaster when Windows start to update drivers. You have option to disable Driver updates in Windows 10 newer updates.
    Nice because I saw this, now I will not update on 1709 I don't want mess with SBZxR.
    I can't look for solution for their halucinations and decisions to Windows install what you want.

Vlada011, Nov 8, 2018
  4. mibaup Win User

Cortana is not working , it happened way before after my windows updated to 1709 , still...

Any working way to remove Cortana?

Is there a way to do that without downloading the reg file? (Can I do that myself?)
    Also, will that stop the Cortana background process?
    Because I already disabled Cortana itself alone, what you're suggesting is additional. or just another way to disable Cortana but leaving it working in the background?*Huh

mibaup, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Cortana is not working , it happened way before after my windows updated to 1709 , still...

1. Cortana is not working , it happened way before after my windows updated to 1709 , still... - Similar Threads - Cortana working happened

2. Windows will not update. Still on version 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not update. Still on version 1709: I noticed it didn't update before, but never really cared considering it didn't affect anything that I use my PC for. But now some games I play require newer versions of Windows. Getting error code 0x80070057...
  3. Windows will not update. Still on version 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not update. Still on version 1709: I noticed it didn't update before, but never really cared considering it didn't affect anything that I use my PC for. But now some games I play require newer versions of Windows. Getting error code 0x80070057...
  4. Windows will not update. Still on version 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cortana still not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana still not working: So a little while ago,. I updated to windows 10 20h2. I noticed my cortana was no longer working. I reinstalled windows 10 today and it still doesn't work on a new install of Windows. submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  6. Cortana Is Not Working Like Before

in Cortana
    Cortana Is Not Working Like Before: I updated to windows 2004 update and now found that cortana is not working like it was working before the update. Now, it is not opening apps when I say to open an app like word pad or ms word and shows the steps from bing search. For some searches it says some results are...
  7. cortana not works as before

in Cortana
    cortana not works as before: I recently formatted my pc and put the lastest version and genuine windows 10 and signed with my Microsoft account but cortana is not working as before before when I say hey cortana shut down computer my pc shutdowns, but now it shows some web searches before when I say...
  8. cortana still not working

in Cortana
    cortana still not working: ok after my update of windows 10 I noticed cortana was not working as it should ie not sending/receiving texts or emails. the same message kept coming up 'cortana can not send messages' try your mobile app'. now I have tried every thing that has been mentioned in online...
  9. My cortana works before, but now never works

in Cortana
    My cortana works before, but now never works: Hi, May I know how to reset cortana completely? It worked before but now never works, it always says cannot connect to internet, please try again later....
  10. Help - What's Happening with Update After Reversion to 1709?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help - What's Happening with Update After Reversion to 1709?: Pardon another, but it seems that update still may not be sorted following the recent failure of 1803 and Windows initiated reversion to 1709 This entailed the previously discussed reset of corrupted update history, system file checking (all OK), and setting of downloads...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not working on 1709

2. is cortana not working anymore