Windows 10: Cortana is not working with work account

Discus and support Cortana is not working with work account in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I'm writing to ask for a question regarding Cortana Beta v 1.1911.21713.0. I'm not able to add my Work Account; reason: Cortana is not... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by lucafabbri365, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Cortana is not working with work account

Hello,

I'm writing to ask for a question regarding Cortana Beta v 1.1911.21713.0.

I'm not able to add my Work Account; reason: Cortana is not available in your organization.

Obviously it was enabled for entire Office 365 organization O365 Admin portal > Settings > Settings > Cortana: Allow cortana optional connected experiences to use your organization's Microsoft-hosted data.

I already wrote about this problem on Feedback Hub.

Any advice ?

Thank you,

Luca

:)

lucafabbri365, Feb 22, 2020
  2. janeoct22 Win User

Cortana search not working AT ALL

Cortana has not worked since I took the laptop out of the box. There were no changes made to the PC. I will try creating a new admin account as suggested by the link above and will let you know if that still does not work. I have tried all of the other
    steps listed in that article.

janeoct22, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Cortana not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as Cortana is not responding and you don't see the microphone icon on the search box. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check.

Method 1: Re-Register Cortana App

1. Press Windows + X key and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command and press Enter key:
      PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Windows.Cortana*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

3. Close PowerShell command window and restart the PC to check.

Method 2: Troubleshoot on Cortana can't hear me

Please refer the steps as mentioned in these articles:

Cortana can't hear me

Method 3: Check if Cortana works in a new user account.

Also check in new user account. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account and check if you are facing the same issue with the apps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 22, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Cortana is not working with work account

Cortana not working.

The reason I suggested a new user account is on the assumption that your account maybe corrupted.
    Seems to me my assumption is correct.
    The next step will be backing up all your personal files you want to keep and delete the corrupt account.

As to the question of local admin account etc, I can't answer it as I don't know the answer.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Cortana is not working with work account

1. Cortana is not working with work account - Similar Threads - Cortana working account

2. cortana is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana is not working: if i say something it will answer another thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-working/68f26d63-889d-46de-ae3b-5f88a71a8703
  3. Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Cortana not working: I lost access to Cortana and the unused icon list on the right side of the task bar has disappeared. The Cortana button shows but when I click it nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/e5eb6d7f-51ea-43cc-9f00-a2d573b626f2
  4. Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Cortana not working: When I login into cortana with one of my email id's it says "the office 365 associated with your mailbox is hosted in an unsupported location try signing in with your personal account, but when I log in from my other account it all works great. Please do something Microsoft....
  5. cortana not working

in Cortana
    cortana not working: i just installed windows 10 and when i try to use cortana it shows this pop up tell me how to resolve this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/8afb0c60-8868-4309-9e7b-0f3717ec20ec
  6. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana not working: I need help with this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/498b11b8-f308-42d5-8ce1-91e74cffdc25
  7. cortana not working

in Cortana
    cortana not working: A green leaf is showing beside cortana in task manager saying UWP group suspending processes to improve system performance and my cortana obviously not working. I followed the earlier post for reinstalling cortana using some commands in powershelladmin,but still not...
  8. Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Cortana not working: My Windows 10 was upgraded as of Feb 15th and I lost the microphone in the search box and Cortana will not function. If I say "Hey Cortana", I get a "listening" response window but nothing more happens. What gives? Microphone and audio are working fine and so is my language...
  9. Cortana not working

Cortana not working: Hi all.... I am having trouble trying to get Cortana to work, I click the mike icon and the window appears but it dosent seem to hear me . It asks me to test the mike and I speak and it says its fixed but its just the same. When I press the windows button and C the window...
  10. Cortana not Working

Cortana not Working: Hello, Cortana doesn't work for me. I have set the regional as required, (UK) language settings are UK and I have downloaded the language pack. Cortana doesn't want to work? Any ideas? 10617