Windows 10: Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box.

Discus and support Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to start by saying, nice job overall to Microsoft. I did a clean install via USB with only a few minor problems. Everything works well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Really1, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Really1 Win User

Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box.

I would like to start by saying, nice job overall to Microsoft. I did a clean install via USB with only a few minor problems. Everything works well as it should. : ) YAY This might be a 1st for Microsoft. lol

I only have Errors in my logs related to Cortana. Overall I think that's very good for a 1st release.
    Cortana works just fine so I'm not going to post the error info now. I'm sure everyone else has the same errors logged for Cortana.

I have no other errors in my logs. I must say I'm impressed. I did have 2 programs that needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled. One was Skype, just fyi. I think it's because I failed to install all updates prior to instilling Skype.

If anyone figures out how to fix the Cortana Errors it would be great if you could post the info here. I don't expect anyone to jump right into it. I see many other people that are experiencing install problems And need help.

:)

Really1, Jul 29, 2015

2. critical error in big red box cortana and start up menu not working

critical error in big red box cortana and start up menu inoperative will fix after re sign. have done this a few times, no joy. help.

DaveMendoza, Jul 29, 2015
  3. pdomino Win User
    What causes computer to shut down and restart?

Could try looking in 'applications' in event viewer, right click the start menu or click Cortana and 'event logs'.

Will show errors in red.

pdomino, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box.

1. Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box. - Similar Threads - Cortana showing three

2. right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking Properties not showing dialog box: for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same thing...nothingI haven't encounters this in the past windows versions.Thanks...
  3. right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right clicking Properties not showing dialog box: for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same thing...nothingI haven't encounters this in the past windows versions.Thanks...
  4. Three new partitions just showed up....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Three new partitions just showed up....: [img] What are those X Y Z partitions? This is on a Bootcamp windows 10 on a MacBook Air. What should I do to remove them? 175609
  5. HDDs icons with big red X

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDDs icons with big red X: All of my HDDs icons, except for the one with the system, have changed to this: [img] I searched and found that it could be related to OneDrive or Dropbox, but I never installed the latter, so my guess is the culprit might be the former. Here in the forum I found a...
  6. Strange red box at bottom right of screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange red box at bottom right of screen.: There is a strange flashing transparent white box on the bottom of my screen. I cant click on it, and I see no processes in task manager that may be causing it. I booted into safe mode and It fixed but when I turned off my pc and went back on in safe mode it was still there....
  7. Edge showing red arrow over Settings three dots

in Browsers and Email
    Edge showing red arrow over Settings three dots: Just noticed that in my Edge there is a red up arrow over the three dots to open the setting menu and when I click on the three dots, at the top it states Update Now. I verified it is not a new version of Edge. Anyone seeing this and what we are updating? 174031
  8. cursor is a big black box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor is a big black box: I had a number of apps and the logon screen where the cursor is a big black box. Windows File explorer window: [ATTACH] using these links corrected this issue clear and straight to the point -...
  9. Red box in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Red box in win10: Hi, I have got this red square that sort of highlights cells in excel and other stuff in win10, it kind of follows the mouse pointer. Any ideas of how to turn that function off? Many thanks BR 165925
  10. My windows 10 apps shows Big red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 apps shows Big red X: I have been getting this for the last month and I have searched the net but didn't find a fix. this is my problem I lost all the correct icons to windows app form the store that comes with windows and I keep getting other icons instead or sometimes they are just seethrough....