Windows 10: Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box.

Discus and support Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to start by saying, nice job overall to Microsoft. I did a clean install via USB with only a few minor problems. Everything works well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Really1, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Really1 Win User

Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box.

I would like to start by saying, nice job overall to Microsoft. I did a clean install via USB with only a few minor problems. Everything works well as it should. : ) YAY This might be a 1st for Microsoft. lol

I only have Errors in my logs related to Cortana. Overall I think that's very good for a 1st release.
    Cortana works just fine so I'm not going to post the error info now. I'm sure everyone else has the same errors logged for Cortana.

I have no other errors in my logs. I must say I'm impressed. I did have 2 programs that needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled. One was Skype, just fyi. I think it's because I failed to install all updates prior to instilling Skype.

If anyone figures out how to fix the Cortana Errors it would be great if you could post the info here. I don't expect anyone to jump right into it. I see many other people that are experiencing install problems And need help.

:)

Really1, Jul 29, 2015

2. critical error in big red box cortana and start up menu not working

critical error in big red box cortana and start up menu inoperative will fix after re sign. have done this a few times, no joy. help.

DaveMendoza, Jul 29, 2015
  3. pdomino Win User
    What causes computer to shut down and restart?

Could try looking in 'applications' in event viewer, right click the start menu or click Cortana and 'event logs'.

Will show errors in red.

pdomino, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box.

1. Cortana - Is showing three, big red errors, right outa the new box. - Similar Threads - Cortana showing three

2. Cortana stops working in three seconds

in Cortana
    Cortana stops working in three seconds: Can somebody please help me with Cortana, it just pops up the listening window to shut down in three seconds and nothing happens, maybe it was some Windows update that made her stop working. Help needed here, thanks in advance....
  3. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  4. Cortana chat box

in Cortana
    Cortana chat box: Is there a way to interact with Cortana without the start menu opening every time? I don't need Cortana to stimulate sight and sound every single use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-chat-box/614cbfa4-6c7b-48c8-bd64-6557358bb9e3"
  5. My windows 10 apps shows Big red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 apps shows Big red X: I have been getting this for the last month and I have searched the net but didn't find a fix. this is my problem I lost all the correct icons to windows app form the store that comes with windows and I keep getting other icons instead or sometimes they are just seethrough....
  6. Three errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Three errors: I keep getting this three errors repeatedly. First one is memory management Second one is bad config info The third one is kmode exception not handled (ntfs.sys) Please help i need to fix my laptop soon...
  7. New update right click (context menu) is way too big.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New update right click (context menu) is way too big.: i noticed like 2 updates ago that the new context menu size increased so much. now i have to scroll to see the bottom just to see proprieties and rename. its annoying id like the old context menu, is there a way to get the old menu back? 24798
  8. Cortana - Something's not right

Cortana - Something's not right: I can't get Cortana to bring up the local weather or any sports scores, all I get is "something's not right, try again in a little bit" Anyone run in to this on the final build or anything I can try and fix? I'm running a Toshiba Satellite L875-S7208 - 17.3" - Core i3...
  9. Cortana - Something's not right

Cortana - Something's not right: I've just activated Cortana but not having much luck. Is there a guide anywhere as to what can/can't be done with the app? For example, I added some things to my calendar, and asked if there was anything in there for today (both spoken and typed question). When...
  10. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998